Kid reviews for Locke & Key

Locke & Key Poster Image

The show is really good.

I don't know why there are so many people complaining about the show when they let their 9-12 age kids watch it. The show is specifically rated 14+. It's not meant for little kids. Yes, the show has explicit scenes such as hints of sex, drinking, smoking, violence, etc., but I've never seen a 14+ show/movie that doesn't hint at things likes this. I've also seen comments about the use of swearing. Jeez people! 14 and older teens are not little kids. Obviously their shows and movies have cussing. I've never met a 14 year old that doesn't know about these things, and if your kid doesn't know about this stuff then great job! You've managed to keep your kid innocent. You literally have the power to stop your kids from watching inappropriate shows. Use it.
2 people found this helpful.

Good Plot and Great Time Killer!

I definitely see references to Stranger Things in certain scenes. I love the vibe it gives off and think it is a great way to spend your day. Yes there is a bit of sex and yes there is a bit of swearing, but don't let this stop you watching Lock and Key because 1. Kids shouldn't copy people swearing and should understand at 9+ atleast 2. Cover your eyes during sex scenes or skip them. It is your decision whether to watch them. I think mature 10 or 11 year olds can watch this programme.

2 people found this helpful.

Its a really good show but these soccer moms are freaking out over it.

Its very good there is only 2 episodes that are a bit questionable but thats literally it and they say the s word a lot and If your gonna say something like its not as family friendly as stranger things, they literally say the s word in every episode so quit freaking out over it.

Uncomfortabley sexy.

Ok so I watched this with my dad, and he was fine with it. But I'm not. It's just uncomfy...sexually. You know, " I want you to choke me" is pretty bad. It's kind of sad, because it seemed like a great story. I just don't think most kids my age are ready for it, especially if they find that stuff hilarious. Please....don't show this to your kid.

1 person found this helpful.
I know parents usually write down 17 or even 18+, but like even being a 12 year old, I watched this show. Sure there are some inappropriate scenes where this woman was about to have sex and asked the guy to playfully choke her, there was also a scene where two teens were making out on someone’s bed, the girl takes off her shirt, one of the teens ends up leaving the room though. The last explicit sex scene is where a woman was undressing (no nudity) in front of a man, but there is no sexual assault in this show, so I don’t think parents need to worry about that topic. If we’re talking about violence, there is a significant amount of it, there’s stabbing involved, blood, in one scene where a teen is taken under control and is told to bang his head against the wall, he does so, basically there is pretty much a lot of violence. Let’s move onto drinking and drugs, at parties there are teens who drink alcohol and somewhat play drinking games, there is also a teen who smokes marajiuna. But that all, but generally this is a good show to watch for maybe a mature 14 or 15 y/o.

Great for stranger things fans and supernatural horror fans.

Lock and key is a good story with supernatural suspense and great for fans of tv show stranger things but totally less dark and scary then season 4 of stranger things. But still not for younger kids and tweens. Positive messages: 3 out of 5. It has great messages of getting along and working together as the lock siblings show in the show and determination is shown to not make the easy choice but the right choice. Positive role models 2 and 1/2 out of 5. There is not much character development but the lock siblings grow closer over the seasons and the lock siblings mom Nia is present in their life’s. Drugs,alcohol,smoking. 2 and ½ out of 5. There is some under age teens drinking one of the main characters looks and sounds drunk this only in one scene and there is nothing violent or graphic also some smoking. Sexs 2 out of 5: There two sex scences (No nudiy.) and some kissing scences. Violence 3 and ½ out of 5. The main bad guy is manipulative and uses people to get what they want to gain power. Deamonish creatures in season 1 and there father was murder it shows a gun then you hear a shot and see him collapse to the floor and see a bloody wond and people die. some violence gun scenes and people are choked and are almost choked to death and people are stabbed also sometimes creepy faces are shown. Language 3 out of 5: There is some harsh language like s***,s**-hole, d***,d***-it,a**, a**hole and one use of f*** in the last episode of season 3. Would recommend it to teenagers.

It's the most boring and stupid TV show I've ever watched

I don't usually leave reviews, but this TV show is terrible. I wasted too much time watching it and trying to get into it until I realised I would never get into it because its just so bad. The storyline is ridiculous, it's like a wierd random and painfully boring dream. Please, please don't bother with this it's so overrated.

Creatively made concept has an interesting storyline

This mystery-based story has some violent content (fires, monsters, and abnormalities), sexuality (mild sexual scenes which focuses on passionate kissing), and some language. Overall, the story is complicated, yet still gripping since there are numerous plot twists happening. As a whole, it's an interesting story and a good watch.

I would love too be in the show.

I think that this is an amazing show, they always leave you on cliffhangers when they end a show. I especially love how smart Gabe/Doge/Lucas is that Doge can do all this stuff without getting caught. I wish they make more seasons. If they do I would love to be in the show. I have always wanted to be an actor.