Kid reviews for Lost

Lost Poster Image

Great Show

I really liked this show. There are twists, turns and surprises every step of the way. This show has some violence in it. And some sexual innuendos but its just slight its not to bad. There is a couple sex scenes as well but they really don't show anything. But some of the girls are wearing bras and underwear during them. There is blood and some gruesome wounds. And in one scene a man shoves bamboo pieces up another guys finger nails. So it can be violent at times but if you are 13 years old or higher. And you handled shows and movies like that before then I'm sure you can handle it. There is some swearing in episodes but there isn't to much of that either. Also even if there was a lot and I'm just forgetting. I'm sure that there isn't much bad words such as the full F- word. Last there is drinking and I wouldn't say there's just a little bit of drinking but there's not to much. Also one character and his brother have a drug induction. But there is a great message after that. Also they are both trying hard to stop using. I really liked the show so much and I think you guys will too.

1 person found this helpful.

Great show, but a little complex

Though there are some heavy topics such as sex, murder, and drug use, keep in mind this show aired on cable in the 2000s. There's not much outright gore and no nudity past bikini scenes. The drug and alcohol use (despite a character being a drug addict) is often vague and short-lived. The reason it might be best to have only kids 13+ watching this show is not really because of those in my opinion, but because there are often complex matters in the show that you as a parent might have to explain. Things such as immaculate conception, pregnancy loss, infertility, and other sex-related topics might not be understood by kids under 13. I first watched this show when I was 8 and I remember how uncomfortable it was for my mom to explain to a kid that young what immaculate conception was. I was also scared by a lot of scenes, including one with a polar bear and another (in a nightmare of one of the characters) where someone's eyes are fully black. However, this is a really great show for an old enough kid. Even a ten or eleven year old could enjoy this show if they watched it with a parent and had someone explain some more nuanced plot points and storylines to them (the way I first experienced it.) The story is complex and interesting all the way through, the characters grow and change in beautiful ways, the acting is incredible, and it truly keeps you hooked. It's a wonderful show, and if your kid is interested I really believe this is a great show for the right kid.

One of the best shows I’ve ever seen in my life.

This suspenseful interesting drama,mystery series goes over the top of your average good tv show. And from the first episode it sucks you in. This series has a great plot, storyline and great characters who have surprising back stories of what got them on flight Oceanic Flight 815. A quick summary of the story is there was a very traumatic plane crash of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 that crashed on a mysterious island. Now they need to find out how to work together even when it hard to survive until rescue comes to them. Positive message 3 out of 5 : All the characters are deeply flawless in there own ways. There the positive messages of teamwork and persisting throughout challenges though out the show. Also shows the real life consequences of certain actions when characters choose to do them. Positive role models 3 out of 5. The island help the charcters change there ways or to have a whole new perspective on the life there liveing and a give them a second chance to change there ways. Charcters show redemption and change there motives for the right choice and selflessness instead of selfishness. Charcters on the show do make bad choices,but it shows the message that no one prefect and people even change , even if they mess up and make bad choices they can still change their life. Sexual content 2 out of 5. There is some sexual activity like people are in beds together several times (But nothing graphic is shown.) a person has a affris, and expect some kissing. Language 3 out of 5. They use the D word and the A word some times they use 2 of the B words. Drinking and Durgs. 3 out of 5 You do see people drinking or drunk and at bars also a character fights a heroin addiction in the series and people smoke. Violence 4 out of 5. Violence is a part of the show for sure. Dead and wounded are shown. Bloody bodies are shown also,there are also people shot by guns and their kidnapping,also some medical images. Over all a must watch for older teens and adults.

OMG THIS SHOW IS THE BEST! There is some kissing but nothing shown and a lot of violence but it’s so good.

So good!!!!!!!!

I've only just started season 2, but definitely worth a watch if you want to watch something that will get your brain working. People drink every once in a while, one of the characters is a heroin addict, and rude language every episode but nothing that wouldnt be rated pg-13. Only one brief make out scene so I'm guessing from other reviews has more sex scenes further on in the series but season 1 you can definitely watch with a 12 year old, I honestly dont think the show should be rated 15. Violence is common, but nothing overly gory. This isn't a great show to watch if you're looking for something with great moral messages or with good role models, BUT SUCH A GOOD SHOW!

BEST SHOW EVER

I watched this when I was a mature 9 yo and was okay. There is some sex but nothing graphic. There are a lot of sweet a rs though. As for violence, it is VERY violent.

I watched it when I was 10

I think it is a great show to watch with your kids. It it not intense and they will love it. The review says it only has the occasional use of A**, D***, and H*** but it does have B**** pretty often. Overall it is a great show to watch

one of the best shows in a while

this show was absolutely amazing, there were so many plot twists, as well as any things left unanswered (hence the 4 stars) this show was really unique and honestly binge worthy. I started watching this show which my dad when i was 11 turning 12, but i am mature for my age. i'd say that age would be a good age for other kids though. once kids get to middle school, they hear and say things that parents fuss over in movies/shows, so parents, chill tf out. there is no nudity but implied and obvious sex. there is kissing and cussing, but nothing worse than sh!t, b!+ch, or he//. characters do drink and do drugs. one character is a heroin addict but is trying to break away. there is a good amount of violence/gore

Good…?

Confusing for younger kids and a lot of fighting. End is really good and makes a lot of questions.