Kid reviews for Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Dahmer TV show: poster

A masterpiece of a show with very adult themes, NOT FOR KIDS!

This has honestly got to be the best series I have seen in a very long time, and for all of the right reasons. The series essentially explores the life of Jeffrey Dahmer, right from when he was a child to when he was imprisoned for his horrible crimes. It explores the real-life events of his life and his victims, and overall shows the devastation and disturbing story of both Dahmer and the victim’s family suffering from his actions. Now, as you can tell, this series is definitely NOT for children, in any circumstances. In every episode, there is some sort of graphic murder sequences or imagery, which some people will find disturbing. It contains strong language throughout, with numerous instances of F*** and S***, but it never pushes further than this. I think the major concerning point is the amount of sexual content in the programme. This varies from seeing nearly nude bodies, to Dahmer interacting with his dead victims, of which sometimes throughout the programme is seen explicitly. Drugs are also a common part of the programme, of which you see Dahmer blending drugs into his victims drinks, although you never see Dahmer taking any of these substances. Again, this is definitely disturbing to watch considering this happened in real life. Overall, this series is heartbreaking, showing the true reality of what really happened to Dahmer’s victims, and therefore I would strongly advise for older teens and adults to watch this. Therefore, I would give a final rating of 16+. Obviously, there is content in this programme that some 16 year olds will find disturbing (and may cause nightmares), but as long as they realise the full events of what is portrayed on the programme, then I believe this is the right age category.

3 people found this helpful.

You should read this

Most people wouldn’t show their kids this show because of the rating but please read this rating as it will help you grow why you should give it a try Now a lot of people think it’s about what’s in the show well it’s actually about what the kid can handle For this show he will need to be the responsible rate of letting him/her stay home for at least 5 hours straight and trust them not do anything bad They will also need to handle violence but not about going it has eyesballs being taken out or zoomed in gun wounds it’s about what they have alr seen like for example if they can handle squid game then they could do this if they like scary movies they would enjoy this Thankyou for listening for what I have to say

1 person found this helpful.

Disturbing and intense- whats worse is its based on a true story!

Themes of paedophillia, rape, murder and child molestation throughout. Gory, disturbing images although most killing are off screen. It's not overly gorey, just extremely disturbing and adult, wouldn't reccomend for children.
1 person found this helpful.
Im 12 and I watched this, its quite heavy and ive watched a lot of gory horrors before. I know a lot of people my age who have watched it but we can all handle this quite well. Id say 14+ for kids who know they can genuinely handle it. If you are under 15 and you are reluctant to watching this please just dont. trust me.

For people 14 or 15+

It is inappropriate of course but good for 14 or 15+
1 person found this helpful.

Fairly graphic violence in what is a really enjoyable (if not shocking) show!

The age at which people should watch this series varys, it is grusome and will send chills down your spine. the show is made even scarier if you are aware that what happens has, in some form, happend before in real life. if you or your child has a good tolerance for grusome real life events then watch it (its pretty interesting and i personaly enjoyed it) but if not then i suggest avoiding this show. edit: ok almost finished with the show at this point and there is some nudity and sex (not graphic but its there) and it gets pretty brutal. also jeff is an alchaholic

1 person found this helpful.

Guy wants to be gay and explore the human body in peace, but then...

It is fantastic as a medium to show how devious and cruel this man was (with some extra pieces for entertainment) I enjoyed it, it delved deep into the sorrowful past of Jeffrey's and the traumatizing future that was to become. it had it's moments, like the murdering part, that was disturbing..and realizing just how unhinged he really was. You can learn a thing or two. Evan Peters did phenomenal, and I am truly amazed with how great a fit he was for this role! Good job.

Pretty gross.

I watched this when I was 13. It really wasn't that bad for me, however I watch horror and whatnot often. I think it depends on your maturity level, I know more people would very disturbed by this show than not and I do not blame them. There's lots of drinking, gore, blood, sex, pedophilia, etc. I think if you know who Jeff is, would not repeat his actions (should be a no brainier but yknow) and you don't get sick easily, you will be fine. You're probably better off not watching it than watching it though, lmao

Good show, nice educational value may be disturbing for some

I think it’s a great show with a good educational purpose. It has some violence, nudity, drugs, swearing, alcohol and sex but I’d say it’s fine for the ages 12 or 13 +. I personally did not feel any disturbed after watching it but I’m not really sensitive. If you know what he did and you know that you’re not too sensitive it’s definitely worth watching it.

I haven't seen this movie yet but it looks really good I'm into horror and gory stuff i watch rated-R movies with my dad all the time