Parent reviews for Olivia

Olivia Poster Image

I like it

This show isn't remarkable for much, but my daughter Wilhelmina loves it. I try to introduce her and others to non-Disney movies and shows, and shows that aren't American. This was also one of the first Irish cartoons I watched, and I like that Ireland is making and animating cartoons such as Song of the Sea, Gumball, and Plly Pocket 2018. The role models are great too.

It’s fine for your kids

Olivia is an okay show. It’s nothing special, though.

Horrible.

This is the second worst Nick Jr. show next to Ni Hao Kai-Lan. Let's begin reviewing. The CGI is boring. The character movements are just really lazy, and there is barely any color. Olivia is a horrible role-model. She is so mean to Ian. Not good for kids to see, and if I was a parent (i'm married, but my wife and I decided not to have kids.) i'd block this show. The voice acting is atrocious. I hate all of the voices on this show. They are so annoying. These voice actors really need to take voice acting lessons. This show itself is really boring. It almost put me to sleep. 'Nuff said. So overall, this should've been scrapped.

Try it...

This show is my 6yo's favorite, but my 3yo is afraid of Olivia's ears. (They are pretty darn big) It depends on your kid. If you have a child who is afraid of big ears or problems not being solved (my 3yo) don't let them watch. My 6yo has everything Olivia, so if you let your child watch this, expect a phase of "Olivia says" and her being on plates, backpacks, and even toothpaste tubes.

Poorly made

I was first struck by Olivia's mother.. At the end of the show when she's putting Olivia to bed, she doesn't want even listen to Olivia's day... She cuts her off and says what ever she had to, to get out of there... Also I agree with a lot of the other reviews... Olivia is rather self absorbed... She just does what ever she can to be the centre of attention, or have the last word... I would only use it a teaching aid if I needed to point out how NOT to act...

This isn't the Olivia from the books.

Ian Falconer's Olivia is just the right blend of five-year-old over-confidence, cuteness and naughtiness, but NickJr's version of her is insufferable. She is an over-validated, over-indulged attention hog. I have seen ten or so episodes that had a just tolerable ick factor, but we just watched the episode where she swaps identities with Princess Stephanie from Poshtonia. The way she finally reveals herself to be the real Olivia is by reciting the secret Princess Pledge she shares with her friends, which includes the dictates to always "be pretty," "smell nice" and "sparkle." Ew. No thanks, NickJr. Self absorption, dishonesty without consequence and rigid gender constructs are not lessons I want to teach my children.

Has some pros and some cons

My 3yr old and I will watch it occasionally. The pros are that the animation is cute. Olivia has a great imagination. It does show how youngsters interact sometimes. The cons are she assumes the world revolves around her. Her parents overly indulge her. She does end up learning a lesson sometimes but at the cost of others actions and annoyance.

People are blaming the wrong pig...Olivia is a good pig!

Olivia is a bright little girl (pig) and she has a big imagination and enjoys being a big sister even if Ian her younger brother can be a pain. I truthfully don't understand the comments about her being bossy, self centered, and mean to others. I think they need to check what they are watching because that is Peppa pig not Olivia. Her and her siblings look out for each other even when they argue unlike Peppa she is mean. Anyway this about Olivia and she is like a girl her age should be imaginative, bright, at times a little bossy but nothing overboard. Olivia is respectful of the adults in her life as well. I hope you give this a chance and not listen to those other horrible reviews.

Pay attention and it's great.

My daughter was mailled an Olivia stuffed animal when she was very young, and we later hunted down some episodes to see what she thought. She instantly fell in love with the show and later asked for it by name. We don't have cable, so we watched via YouTube and the only ten episodes available were just fine. They were positive, there was teamwork, fair play, lots of imagination, and they were fun. Today Youtube has added more episodes and after one regarding Olivia playing soccer, I've decided to pre-screen the episodes. Not only was Olivia's behavior poor, but I was also disappointed by the role models in the episode. I know pre-screening isn't easy if your child watches via cable, but if you use an on-demand service, I highly recommend viewing in advance. If my daughter was old enough to imitate Olivia's actions, I'd be really concerned, but she hasn't hit that stage just yet. So yes, I would recommend Olivia, but I recommend watching episodes in advance to avoid unwanted influence.

Olivia is a very spoiled pig.

Olivia is a spoiled, selfish, pig who sets a very bad example for young children. Her stories exemplify everything that is wrong with parenting today.When did it become acceptable for children to ignore their parents and behave as if they are in charge? Self confidence and imagination are great qualities worth promoting, but not at the cost of order and respect. Olivia needs to listen more and demand less.