Kid reviews for Pee-wee's Playhouse

Pee-wee's Playhouse Poster Image

Childhood Show

I watched this show with my dad all the time as a kid; Miss Yvonne, Cowboy Curtis, Reba the Mail Lady, Chairry, Pterry, and many more are my childhood favorites. This show is entertaining for children and adults. It’s smart, funny, and definitely had a positive impact on me. It nurtures creativity and kindness, though be mindful of some light innuendo.

I personally didn’t enjoy

This show is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life. Some of the objects in this show are kind of frightening. Not like scary scary but kind of scary. I would not watch again. — What’s in the movie? Nothing but family friendly content.

Weird in a good way!

First, let me get this out of the way: This show is very, very, very, very, very weird. The chair talks, he has a pet pteranodon, there is a floorboard named Floory that is alive, Pee-Wee is a 30-year-old who acts more like he's four, and everything in the fridge is alive. And yet, this show is one of my favorites. It's so zany and goofy, and I love the wide variety of content. There are simple recipes and craft projects, old 1950's cartoons, claymation, live action, and more! There's even a magical genie named Jambi, and he seems to be the only sane one there. The only reason I didn't give this show five stars is this: There are jokes referencing adult topics. Once, a fish said "I'm giving a concert tonight, just for the halibut!" Older kids will know he is referencing a cuss word. That startled me. Another time, the genie (who has green skin) made an orange tree grow within seconds. Peewee was impressed and said "Wow Jambi, you really have a green thumb!" Jambi smiled smugly and said "Among other things!" and closed the doors of his magical box before we had a chance to realize what that meant. (ew) Of course, that kind of thing will go over the younger set's heads, so I guess it's okay. Other than that, this is a really funny, appealing show for anyone!

Great show for ages 5+.

I love Pee- Wees Playhouse. I started to get into it a few years ago. It is educational for little kids. The only bad thing about the show is the 1950s cartoons. I know they are only a few minutes long but they are horrible. Who would want to watch a 1950s cartoon?

pee-wee is funny and sarcastic, but he has a good heart

pee wee is very unique. that is really all i can say. i used to be really obsessed with it, but now that i am older i have kinda out grown it. and come on people, think about barny and teletubbies, adults wearing stupid stuffed suits and singing lame songs? pee wee is both amusing to adults and kids, and there is never anything innapropriate. no language. no sex. and no violence. there is nothing wrong with this show.

Yay.

I love this show. It's just so cheesy that it's funny. Good for anyone over the age of 5.
not rated for age

its wholsom but on adult swim

adult swim is a segment on cartoon network at night for adults. pee wee's playhouse is for small children. they also rate it tv pg but there is no reason tothe reason i didn't put green for social behavior is because he is abnoctious, other than that it's fine.

*TWITCH* *TWITCH*

THIS IS A VERY STUPID SHOW, MY FRIEND AND I HAVE SEEN CLIPS, AND ALSO HE HAD THE NERVE TO SIT THROUGH AN EPISODE!!!!! THAT IS WHAT I CALL BRAVERY. ANYWAY, DOES ANYBODY FIND IT CREEPY TAHT PEE-WEE IS LIKE, 40 OR 50 YEARS OLD AND HE IS THROWING FITS LIKE A 1 OR 2 YEAR OLD? SCARY.

Weird Place to Air This Show

Why air it on [adult swim] when it can be aired on general CN anyway? Still Good, by the way.