Parent reviews for Peg + Cat

Peg + Cat Poster Image

Drivel, really

I used to baby sit a family with 4 children ages 3-13. This show would come on and give minimal effort for ideas for episodes. The only reason it was on ever is because its wedged between two actually good PBS shows thomas and friends and dinosaur train. I recall a rather insultingly disappointing episode where the characters meet Emily Dickinson (one of the greatest female fiction writers ever) and she has writers block. That's fine, except she eventually gets help from a RAPPING ZEBRA. I honestly think for a better formula, they should have met the zebra first and then get inspiration from Emily Dickinson, that way teaches more about her as a person as well and treat the kids like they are learning something instead of being visual dumpsters. I still cringe internally whenever I hear the words.... "We've got a REAAAALLLY BIIIIIIIIIG PROBLEM!" Most of the time it is not even that big of a problem. Sometimes it's not their problem to have. I understand its fir kids but there are other shows that can do it better and actually help to develop early braincells.
2 people found this helpful.

Circus Problem episode “What the heck.”

I don’t know both my kids 8 and 5 got wide eyed and said that there were bad words in Peg+Cat. It’s not cute watching a 2,3,4,5 or 6 year old run around repeatedly saying “What the heck”. Maybe when it’s not your kid. I’m not sure what else the writers slipped in but my kids don’t want to watch the show anymore. Their choice they say it’s for teens.

Very creepy

Peg is really mean to her cat and in every episode they end up in the bathtub which I think is very weird and shouldn't be something a young child should watch. I always change the channel when it comes on.
1 person found this helpful.

Peg has a whinnier voice than Caillou...

The whining, oh, the whining. It hurts my ears and my child's...

I find it creepy

I have 3 children ages 6, 3 and 1 so I end up watching a lot of children's shows and PBS is the only station I allow them to watch because every other station has turned kids programing into adult content and Peg + Cat if you really think about it is quite creepy. So you have a girl which I believe is 10-12 years old with a cat that sounds like a 30 year old dude which she takes a bath with in every episode and she has sleep overs with pirates which are really old guys that she constantly has to calm down and her mom turned 30 in an episode which means she was between 18 and 20 when she had Peg which to me for PBS is a bit young to have a child.
1 person found this helpful.

PEG + CAT = ENOUGH OF THAT! Drama queen is an overstatement, but...

Peg yells too much, especially at her cat. She's not nice to him. She freaks out too much. WAAAAAAAYYYYYY TOO MUCH! Peg is very bossy as well. It also hurts that the animation is ugly. I'm sorry, but this show is not for the preschoolers at whom it is aimed. Teaching math to preschoolers is a good idea, but they'd be better learning it from some other tv show or through some other way. It's hard to believe that this show is produced by The Fred Rogers Company. Mister Rogers himself would surely be turning around in his grave if he saw this.
1 person found this helpful.

The yelling... oh, the yelling.

I understand the thinking behind Peg + Cat: Problem solving, pre-math, truly the basics of computer science combined with social interactions are valuable lessons for little ones. However, Peg yells ALL THE TIME. SHE NEVER STOPS YELLING. I can't stand the noise and it seems to stress out my littlest guy, so we don't watch it. Peg is (dare I say it?) bossy and that's not the kind of behavior I want my kids to emulate.
1 person found this helpful.

Peg is loud and annoying

Sorry, but this is my least favorite show that we've watched; my kids aren't much interested in it either. Peg seems so negative, does not have language that I'd like my kids to emulate, and is even mean to her cat. We are changing the channel when this show is on.
1 person found this helpful.

A waste of my children's limited television time - skip it!

I agree with KatherynMc's review. This show is not worth my childen's television time. Peg's character is a drama queen - I cringe when she yells "I am totally freaking out!" Really? About what? How to share fruit evenly among your friends? That's freak out material? I have the same problem with SuperWhy when every daily encounter is a "SUPER big problem." Really? I don't want to teach my children to freak out or view everything as a problem. It's not, it's just something that requires a little thought. And as far as the math in Peg + cat, yeah, again, nothing stellar. All the characters seem to yell through out the show. This show is just not for us. There are so many other, better, more educational and entertaining shows out there.
1 person found this helpful.

And when everyone can cook, no one can.