Parent reviews for Psych

Psych Poster Image

BEST SHOW I'VE EVER WATCHED!

Personally, the best show I've ever watched! There is a lot of violence, but that's kinda what the show is about. You're kids will be fine watching this if they are mature enough. There is some making out, and cursing. Gus says "you must be out of your damn mind" a lot. Lassie says" son of a bitch" a few times. The best episodes are in season 5 through season 8. Make sure that your kids know it's not real cause its kinda realistic and violent

1 person found this helpful.

Hilarious for both adults and kids!

We have been watching this show every day and are about to start Season 7. I don't know what we'll do when it's over! Each show is really unique and they parody various shows and movies including Twin Peaks, The Shining, Exorcism, Telenovellas and more. Really silly and fun. And some great guest stars including Cary Elwes as a debonair cat thief, John Cena as Juliette's brother and Jason Priestly and more.

The best thing I would show my kids

awesome

Amazing Show

This procedural comedy TV show is fun and exciting to watch. Im comfortable showing to mature children. Overall, its a great show, and I would totally recommend this.

Great show...mostly clean humor

This show is hilarious. Shawn and Gus are witty and humorous. While there are no sex scenes or nudity, the show does have a bit of cursing and some sexual innuendos, which make it unsuitable for young kids. The crime scenes are not graphic, but a few of the episodes (probably Halloween episodes) seemed a bit dark for my tween.

best comedy crime show

This show is positively entertaining. I spend a large amount of time watching movies and shows, particularly detective comedy shows. I’ve seen everything from criminal minds to flash point, but those are just crime shows. the best crime shows are the shows that incorporate some comedy into it like monk but Psych is something else. It’s not just a comedy-crime show its a show that has everything mixed in together to create a perfect combination for a perfect show. The thing about Psych is that you never know what an episode is going to consist of because they switch it up every now and then so the show isn’t repetitive because if it's the same thing every episode then it gets boring but this show works with many different genres. Sometimes the show is scary and sometimes its sad but the show also has some interesting love moments. The most interesting one is between two of the characters shawn and juliet, it’s a constant struggle of the “will they wont they” relationship. many times they come close to dating but it gets ruined by something else and it’s one of those relationships where you really want them to go out because they seem perfect for eachother but it never happens right away. Whether the episode is scary, mysterious, sad or happy you can count on every episode to have some comedy to lighten your mood. This show is a must watch because this show will leave you hooked and begging for more.

Great for all ages with some prescreening

Watched this when it was on. Stumbled across a rerun and my kids (6 and 8) loved Shawn and Gus, their rapport, back and forth, and the funny situations. The violence is minimal -- yes, they do show brief glimpses of victims, most often covered or on a stretcher. Not gory or bloody. Probably the tamest, least violent police show ever. That said -- there are episodes here and there that are scarier, and even feature attacks. There are lots of fans sites that give episode run downs, sites that rank best episodes, funniest. Psych is a great show to share with your kids.

Such GOOD humor!!

Truly, this show is gonna leave you laughing and feeling good.

Crime, but not depraved.

This is a great crime/mystery/detective style show. It is a comedy as well, but even ignoring that aspect it's still enjoyable to watch. As it is crime based, there will be an occasional body or such on the show. But what you won't see is the depraved gratuitous violence, eviscerating or rape that you'll see on shows like Criminal Minds or Law and Order SVU. I do not find those shows entertaining to watch, I find them utterly disgusting.