Kid reviews for Psych

Psych Poster Image

Smart detective series more funny than graphic.
1 person found this helpful.

favorite show

Its my favorite show and it is so under rated there is a little language (not bad) and there is a little romance. But other than that i think its awesome
This is my favorite show ever! It's so funny and I definitely recommend it! If you're concerned, it is TV-14 so of course there's some swearing and kissing and stuff but if your kids are 12+, they've heard WAY worse in the school hallway. This show is about being a detective so many episodes center around murder mysteries. It isn't graphic but it will show dead people and people getting shot. Also the main character isn't a great role model but, no one copies people they see on T.V. Anyway, nothing to worry about, if your kid is in middle school, they can probably handle this show so definitely give it a try!

Clever Mystery-Comedy Series To Watch As A Family!

Psych follows the comedic adventures of private investigators Shawn and Gus who have convinced the world that Shawn is a psychic. Being a mystery series, there are a lot of depictions of murder and violence (with minimal blood.) Shawn also attempts to "summon spirits," which is often played for laughs but can be chilling at times. The humor, which mostly relies on dated pop culture, can be somewhat adult, and parents may need to explain some sexual references to kids under 12. Otherwise, Psych is a goofy yet clever show with cohesive mysteries to solve each episode; see who in your family can close the case first!

Psych. Best Show Ever. Review

I personally absolutely adore this show. I've watched it at least 6 times.. No joke. The first season is a little weird, but trust me, it gets better. My favorite seasons are 4 and on. I really recommend it to people who are looking for a hilarious, binge worthy tv show. (For kids younger than 13, some scenes may be inappropriate, but only a small number)

OMG BEST THING EVER

okay so im 13 and i started watching this when I was about 11 but i did watch it when i was younger but i don’t remember much. this is most definitely the funniest show ever its my favorite for sure. my 7 year old sister has watched the whole thing but there is a lot if cursing i would say every episode, there is also a LOT of dirty jokes that she doesn’t understand and it’s kind of confusing so if you don’t know anything, this might be very confusing. there is kissing on the first episode and in the 5th season but other than that i dont remember there being anything tooooo bad. there is a lot of violence and some scary episodes so you may want to skip some, some people get nightmares while others think its fine. i would say that it does depend on age and what everyone knows but it is a family movie for some familys with a humor but not so sure if its for younger age familys. i think that is it, thank you byeeee.....::

ERMEGERSH THIS IS MY FAVE SHOW EVERRRR

I can't describe how funny this show is. The charm that shawn and gus bring is amazing. I love them so much. if this was a movie it would be much easier to pinpoint the exact stuff you need to avoid like s*xual stuff and everything but the main thing is just that there are a lot of innuendos. theres much more language than just da*n and bastard. many episodes have sh*t, son of a bit*h, etc. the first half of the show is rated PG but i think many episodes toward the end are rated TV14. I watched this on something called VidAngel (look it up i highly recommend) and its a channel that can filter out anything bad like language, innuendos, inappropriate scenes, violence, and drugs. there are a few kinda bloody episodes, but not very many. there are also some haunted themed episodes with ghosts and stuff. i can't remember which one it is but there is one episode i would typically avoid for younger kids- it's a zombie episode that is pretty graphic but it is just gus's nightmares. another episode (well actually episode trilogy) is the Yang Trilogy. they are pretty stressful but AMAZINGGG. it's bout a serial killer, soooo i think that speaks for itself. so yeah definitely not for little kids. they are the very last episodes of the middle seasons. mature themes like suicide, marriage affairs, trauma, etc. as well. but I LOOOOVVVEE THIS SHOOOWWWW. personal opinion- it trumps Monk. :) "Gus, don't be Harry Potter and the Prizoner of 'Marzipan'."

Best for Big Kids, Tweens & Young Teens who aren’t ready for Edgier crime shows

When I was 11 I Watched Criminal Minds With My family & I found it intense to intense that I should’ve not been allowed to see that with them at such an age thought to this day but if you’re a Big Kid, tween or young teen who felt like you’ve been edgy about this then go with this show Psych It tends to be funny than graphic & The Language isn’t frequent making it suitable for Big Kids, Tweens & Young Teens who are not ready for edgier crime shows By the way here’s My MPAA Rating PG: Brief Blood & in episodes some language.

Best. Show. Ever.

I started watching this show 2 days ago and I’m already on season 2! This has to be, by far, the best TV series I’ve ever watched. The main character, Shawn Spencer, and his detective partner, Burton Guster(Gus), are hilarious and very smart! I love watching them solve crimes. Another one of my favorite characters is Carlton Lassiter, who has a personal dislike for Shawn. There isn’t too much blood, which I like, and everyone is always cracking jokes! I’d say 13 is the perfect age for this amazing show, as 12 can be too young for a few of the sexual jokes and other scenes. Other than that, I totally recommend this show to anyone who loves a funny murder mystery. PS: I also recommend the movie Knives Out. You can watch this on Amazon Prime just like Psych!

Love it!!!

I love this show! It’s one of the best family shows you can watch in my opinion. There is a few mentions of people sleeping together and such so be cautious but I do highly recommend this show.