Kid reviews for Runaways

Runaways Poster Image

Dramatic but mature Marvel entry is best for teens.

This show is amazing. While there is some violence, it's quite infrequent. There is some bloody images in the aftermath of violence however. Language is pretty moderate. There is LGBTQ+ themes, so this is not a show for conservative bigots. Overall, good show!

Eh. Don’t bother seemed like it was necessary for the MCU but I think it’s fine to skip.

Weird use of partial nudity, attempted rape wasn’t to scary but was wrong af. There is a “cult”. Pills to “free you” teenage drinking. “Evil parents” bullies, feminism taken the wrong way which sets a bad image for real life feminism. There was a mention of giving yourself an orgasm in the washroom to relive period pains, but mentioned casually so not really as big of a deal as it may seem. Bad examples. Was kind of scary because of the disturbing ness of suggested sexual assault. Also abusive father who “he hasn’t hit you in a while” wife flinches when he talks. And you think she would be the maid. By how horrible she is treated (Hollywood standards of a maid)

AMAZING not for kids btw

Great sci-fi soap opera, but not for older audiences (LoL)

Pretty good show

TV-14 is too low a rating.

I watched this show cause I really like Marvel, but it was nothing like the MCU. It shouldn't even be rated TV-14. I watched it when I was older than 14, and I still think the rating is too low.

Inappropriate for young viewers

Don’t watch if your younger than 17. Involves too much kissing and one scene they attempt to rape someone. Lots of cussing and lots of violence. A lot of smoking and drinking and they are teens! Not many good role models! Don’t watch this unless your older and 16.

Too Mature

My family and I watched the first episode, and it was embarrassing. It had the whole "teenage life" shabang. Drinking, drugs, cussing, threat if rape, and even homosexual actions. It seemed kind of cool with the idea of paranormal behavior, but it was too disturbing. There was also too much swearing.

NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK

This show is great. It is not as bad as you think. The rape scene did not even happen. The girl was almost raped though. However she is saved before things go any further. The teenagers drink so be aware of that. There are cults in it, so if you don't like things that talk about made up religions you might not like this. But if you don't care give it a watch. Its violent but not as violent as Marvel movies. There is some sex but not too much. Also a lot of suggestive dialogue. Overall a great show.

Amazing Loved This!

If your child is a mature kid, than this is a definite! I think this show is especially similar to Stranger Things (which might be why I like it so much!) Honestly if your kid is under 12 I would watch it with them, if you are unsure, but if there a mature kid and knows what's right and wrong then its a great show!

WAY more sexual content then is rated...

(Rated by parent...) - It's an engaging show but NOT appropriate for anybody younger than ~17. I think whoever gave the sex and language ratings only watched the first couple episodes. Both sexual content and language are pretty pervasive in the subsequent episodes.