Parent reviews for Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Poster Image

Early episodes are fun and innocent. Later episodes better for tweens+

The early episodes are pretty innocent and fun. I think the early episodes are good for kids 7+, maybe even 6. However, as Sabrina grows up and finishes high school and college, the subject matters, humor, etc get slightly more mature. Nothing crazy, but I think the latter seasons are probably better for tweens+
2 people found this helpful.

great comedy!!

this a great family show it will keep you laughing for ages!

1 person found this helpful.

My little boys even like this show!

This show is cute, funny and little to no inappropriate things going on. My kids watch this with me and I used to watch it with my mom. One of my favorites!

1 person found this helpful.

Great show, especially for tweens.

I felt that this show is quite good, especially for younger girls (who I think it's geared toward). Instead of the writers having Sabrina get away with using magic to cheat and thus have an unfair advantage over her peers, she finds that there are always negative consequences for her negative actions. Good lessons here. On top of the lessons and good role models presented by the characters, the show is funny and entertaining. Another thing I liked was the lack of advertising. Even the songs are original, if somewhat corny at times.

1 person found this helpful.
When this show came out I was about 6, I started watching it at the same age but when I was a tween and teen I enjoyed it more. I now have one son and we like watching it together. There are a lot of good lessons and funny moments, but something that has always bothered me is that in season 2, Sabrina and her quizmaster go into the forest of her her fears and Sabrina’s biggest fear is not being accepted into college, so then Mrs. Quick hands her a fast food uniform and I didn’t like that part because it showed kids that if you don’t go to college, you’re just going to be a failure that works at McDonalds and that’s not true. But besides that, I loved the show. The perfect age for kids to start watching this I think would be 9-10.

Not appropriate for younger children!

This show is fun and creative sometimes However, I am shocked this is for children as young as 8 years old and someone said 6?! There is a lot of alcohol and sex references. Also, girls gone wild was mentioned on the "Big Head" episode annd Hooters in another. I'm sure there are much more specific references, but I believe I've gottan my point across! These children deserve a better role model. Shame on you CBS.

Common sense media or religious reviews???

This Show is so mild, at the end it always has a lesson or a message for kids to think about. I was shocked to read one review that stated how it was about " Witchcraft and Wizardry" Is this "common sense or religion"?. If its common sense the title tells you shes a witch,and she's a teenager. Thats all it is about. A teenager with powers being raised by her aunts, while trying to maintain a "normal" high school life. If you are afraid of the Witchcraft and Wizardry, then go watch Little house or something that doesn't have witch in the title!! I feel this is appropriate for ages 5-6 and up. Depending on your child's grasp on reality.

Cute Show

Overall it was a pretty good show for its time. Keep in mind that this show centers around a woman in high school/college so some issues will arise that your really little ones won't understand or take interest in. It is the perfect show for kids in their tween or early teen years.

very unrealistic. Sabrina's behavior is sometimes sneaky when she tries to do things without others knowing about them. Teenage kissing is present.

Boring.

I don't know if it's the music in the backround but there is something in this show that mores me to death.