All parent member reviews for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymamawannaknow April 9, 2010

I just, like, wish Shaggy, like, didn't have to, like, say, "like" all the time... Because now my 5 year old is, like, saying that all the time. Definitely too much for my 3 year old though he tries to convince me otherwise! I do think it provides positive examples of facing one's fears and challenging authority in useful ways.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byfierce_mink_2000 April 9, 2008

My kid loves Scooby Doo!

My only real problem (and it isn't enough to make my son stop watching) is a fairly high level of sexism in the shows. For example, Fred is constantly giving Daphne grief for being "danger-prone Daphne" whenever she falls into some trap. But he falls into traps as often as she does, and no one says a word to him about it. I know this is pretty much a reflection of the general attitude from the 70's, but if you watch more modern shows, there are more strong and stronger female parts. Even the more recent Scooby shows have less verbal sexism and Daphne and Velma stronger. Otherwise, we love the show. My kid likes more involved plots and he loves spooky stuff, but I refuse to let him watch most of the stuff he would prefer because of violence or bad social situations like drunkenness or smoking. Scooby fits the bill perfectly.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bylalindal November 13, 2009

Good show, but some young kids may need you to watch, too

My son loves Scooby Doo and we enjoy being able to share one of the shows we enjoyed as kids with him. It can be a little scary for young kids, so you may want to watch it with them. And for those who are interested in strong female characters, I think Velma offers that. Daphne, not so much. Also, I think that kids like the fact that young people outsmart the adults. Overall, it's good clean fun.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bySuperadult8181 September 16, 2009

Very scary, even for my 12 year old (some episodes). we only watch them during the day, but it is good fun and we love watching classics

Parent of a 4 year old Written byMommy Cris June 25, 2009

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bykaloren November 12, 2009

Great way to have a laugh and relax after the stress of a day at school

Although it may be too scary for some kids, my kids are loving watching an old childhood favorite. I love that there is no sexual content and it still seems grown up to my 8-year-old. Plus, I think she is figuring out how to battle her own nightmare monsters after just afew episodes.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Raggy.

Good fun. Great Shaggy.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byBonkersfan1995 March 21, 2013

Scooby-Doo Is A Must-See Classic

I love Scooby-Doo so much! It is my favorite mystery-solving cartoon! It's awesome!

Parent Written byRoznar July 27, 2012

Part of the childhood

It's a great cartoon show for KIDS, really. Don't miss it! It's a part of your kid's childhood, and your childhood too!

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Another goody from my youth!

I love this show! I've loved it sinched I was 5! The animation and theme song were pretty good.SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!

Adult Written bykleiny747 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 25, 2012

scooby doo where are you

Families can talk about problem-solving techniques. How can kids apply the characters' ideas and solutions to their own lives, at home and at school? How do Scooby and his friends use clues to solve a problem?

Why is it important to stick together in strange places? What would you
do if you stumbled upon a mystery? Would you try to solve it yourself?

Adult Written byRedXJT May 21, 2012

Boring and repetitive

... Sick of this show, I really am. It's always the same story line. Find a mystery where you're hoping there isn't one. Then, accuse the wrong people just because they look evil. Get the right guy after a failed trap in using Scooby and Shaggy as bait, then, use Velma to say who did it and why, BUT ONLY AFTER UNMASKING THEM.

..Please take this show off the air, or cut down on how many scooby doo episodes there ARE.