Parent reviews for Sheriff Callie's Wild West

Sheriff Callie's Wild West Poster Image

Appropriate

Takes a Pro-Police Stance!

This is a cute show on a toddler level. It takes a very pro-police stance, with Sheriff Callie and Deputy Peck being the shining stars of the west. They save the day in each episode, often with the help of friends, portraying the use of teamwork. It is cute and contains the right amount of action to keep the attention of a young audience. Plus, there is singing.

It’s Fine

It is a really good nice show but there is a lot of bad behavior that goes dismissed and that is why I’m very disappointed in this but the storyline is good

Gr8 show

Sheriff Callie Wild West

My 3 year old really loves this show. It teaches lessons and keeps their interest.

It's good enough

My almost two year old loves this show. She likes the songs and dancing. I do not know how appropriate it will be when she fully understands concepts like choosing between what's right and what's easy, but for now it's good enough. She likes that sheriff Callie helps the other characters and is enjoying learning what each character/ animal is called and their characteristics.

Daughter loves it but I spent a lot of time explaining bad behavior unaddressed by the show

First let me say mu daughter LOVES this show! She pretends to be Sherrif Callie all the time and it had led to some great imaginary games when we play together and when she plays with her friends. This is why it is so disappointing to me. The premise of the show is great and the lead character Callie is a wonderful alternative to playing princess! My disappointment comes from the number of times bad behavior goes unaddressed. For example in one scene when one of the characters is clearing up while another character keeps dropping food and making a mess, eventually the character cleaning gets mad and calls his friend a name. The story goes on to have him apologize for name calling, but there is no acknowledgement that the friend what thoughtless and careless when he dropped food repeatedly on the clean floor. This could have been solved by having them apologize to each other. This happens repeatedly, where it is the second person who acts badly who receives consequences. This oversimplifies the complexity of social interactions and teaches kids that some types of bad behavior is ok. It would be simple for them to solves this problem. My other issue is that an apology solves everything, when that is not always true. Again with just a little more effort this could be a really great show. So we watch the show but only together. It is not a show I let my daughter watch alone. I always watch with her so we can talk about everyone's responsibility for the problem and alternative solutions to the problems. I also make sure to limit her watching of this show, trying to get her to make up her own games with the theme since she likes playing sherrif so much.