Parent reviews for Slow Horses

Slow Horses poster

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Cerebral espionage series much more violent than official review suggests

Watch out - incredibly shocking violence. Slow Horses is a fantastic show featuring an Academy Award winning cast. If you like espionage in the vein of John LeCarre with a dash more action, you'll love this show. However, be aware that the violence rating by CSM is inaccurate as of May 2022. The first two episodes are in line with the CSM rating. Then things go off the rails. A person is shot in the head offscreen, we see the body, attempts to rescue and a pool of blood gathering under the head. A person is beheaded, the camera cuts away mid swing, but later there is a close up of the head resting on a kitchen table. A passenger in a car is shot in the head by the driver. This is shown fully. The level of realism, violence, and gore is equivalent to the basic training murder/suicide scene in Full Metal Jacket. If not more so. This is a show for adults and mature teens. And probably not all of them.
2 people found this helpful.

High quality show marred by inordinate levels of violence

This is a very well produced and acted show. But I wish I had known it would show a bloody severed head in close up so that I could have made a more informed decision. Common sense media doesn't mention this grisly scene either, so be aware.