Kid reviews for Spirit Riding Free

Spirit Riding Free Poster Image

Give the show a break

Ok first, give the show a break. It isnt realistic because... bro its a CARTOON. Dreamworks made this show to ENTERTAIN you not to teach you about anything. Sure, there is minimal violence and the PALS do some dumb things, but its not like Spirit is supposed to be an informational show. Lucky and Spirit have an unbreakable bond though, and even when he was tired and worn out, he never stopped looking for her. And the PALS also have an unbreakable bond, Pru can be a bit rude to others but Abigail is always super nice and sure, Lucky does some dangerous things like attempting tricks but its CARTOON and Lucky is always trying to be nice to her friends and they dont stop her when she does something, they help her.

3 people found this helpful.

Amazing show

I am a teenager and I LOVE this show!! I think this should be for kids around eight because I think at this point they should be able to understand that it’s not realistic and just for fun. No you can’t just jump on a horse and you can’t do ALL these crazy things and still be alive but that’s how it is with every other show in the world. It’s all scripted and acted out. They just need to know that. Maybe telling them before or JUST MAKING SURE YOUR KIDS HAVE COMMON SENSE!! I don’t think that kids will really think about the whole tweenagers running around. I think they’ll just think about it as fun adventure but if they did I think that it would only be if they were raised wrong that they would actually think something that there parents wouldn’t like. This has NO bad words and is super appropriate (way more appropriate than most things parents let there kids watch these days). I don’t understand why people can try to shut it down as it was the only thing that gave me joy thru my hard childhood. Them people who think there’s a problem with her dad and the teacher kissing like five times throughout the whole show have a problem. The kids definitely see more probably in a week in real life then they do on this animated show. This is an amazing show and will make your kids so happy!!! Please let your kids watch!! I’ve decided to add something. I’ve read some things saying it’s sooo unrealistic but that’s the point. It’s a cartoon and to entertain people and give them some perspective and some fun ideas for there lives. This isn’t a documentary. It doesn’t need to be a hundred percent accurate it’s a lovely show and I know that at least your daughters will absolutely love this fun show!!!

1 person found this helpful.

It's alright...

This show is not the best but it's pretty addicting, I mean I've always dreamed of living in the frontier but this is just to corny. When Lucky acts cheesy or annoying it kinda bugs me and i think I like Abigail and Pru more with their personality, Lucky is too ugh, but dont get me wrong this show is A-D-D-I-C-T-I-N-G

1 person found this helpful.

Great For 10+

I Loved this show! I reckon you should be careful for couple things though including Kissing, also gun violence towards animals, and the kid doesn't want to talk to her parents and runs away. Apart from this it is a great show enjoy!

The Spirit That Could Not Be Broken...

Growing up, I used to love this show. I started watching Spirit Riding Free when I was 8. I'm older now, and although it's a "kid show" I will still watch it from time to time, because it brings back a lot of memories of adventures I had inspired by this show and its characters. It actually reminded me of Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron, and made me love horses more and I didn't see anything wrong with the show. However, as I got older, I realized there were many problems with this show: 1. First of all, the bond between Lucky and Spirit is very unrealistic - Lucky is a twelve year old city girl who one day moves to the country and feeds Spirit an apple. Suddenly, they're besties! Lucky knows nothing about horses and doesn't even use a saddle, yet she knows how to ride him without years of lessons. I've been riding since Year 3 (I am thirteen now), and I know how befriending a horse works. It takes a long time, sometimes even months! You can't just pat a horse and immediately have a connection, let alone know how to ride it! 2. The show is called Riding Free but the horse doesn't care about freedom at all. In the original movie Spirit was SPIRITED. This horse is not like that. He doesn't care about being free - the Spirit in this show literally sleeps in a stable, with blankets and gets fed. 3. In one episode, Lucky and her friends pull a foal out of a pregnant horse's stomach. They are only twelve and have no experience. This is actually very dangerous because the foal could die, etc. 4. There are scary scenes that I wouldn't recommend to younger kids, such as a mountain lion tries to harm the horses, a group of men try to kill people on a train, etc. My last reason is this: The horse in Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron wouldn’t let anyone ride him, even the Native American who saved him couldn’t fully ride him. But in the show, some random twelve year old white girl just met the horse and starts riding it; just dumb. Find something better!

Not what I was expecting

it was kind of disappointing I was hoping it would focus more on the horses or just equally focus on the horses but its mainly about the protagonist that for some reason always has problem everywhere she goes and had a really bad attitude and is very disrespectful to others around her somethings aren't fair but it doesn't make it right to sneak behind others backs and mess with the law overall the series is enjoyable nothing to hype about but I feel like spirit is just there in series to make money he isn't very important the people responsible for this just put the original spirits name on the one in this series to make money

Great Show!

For the people saying that this is unrealistic, it is TV; all TV is not real. Teaches girls to try their best and never give up and that girls can do anything boys can do.

Great show, great characters, great storyline, great messages!

Nothing inappropriate about it! Such a good family show! It follows a girl who has troubles fitting in at a new school, but then she meets friends and turn out they all love horses! They stop crime and ride around the town. Powerful messages to children. The show is targeted towards older kids and tweens, but I personally think anybody could enjoy it!

Fun Show But Kids Could Pick Up Unwanted Attitudes

I personally loved this show when I was about 11 and watched it with my younger sister who was 8. It's a fun show but some of the attitudes in this show are crazy! Disobeying your parents is NOT okay and is NOT a good idea but this show teaches that it is okay if you feel that it is best. I was old enough to understand what was right and wrong in this show but my little sister did begin to pick up a slightly sassy attitude!

Just.... bruh

If this is not the most BORING show i have ever seen, then i dont know what is. The girls are in super dangerous situations, that children can do too, but thats not my point. My point is, even with them in dangerous situations, the plot is just boring and they have the worst desicions of all time, too. just dont watch this. (PS) sometimes theres some violence