All member reviews for Star Trek: The Original Series

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion June 23, 2009

An Engaging Show with Outdated Effects but Role Models to Die For...

STAR TREK is a perfect TV series. It is engaging, action-packed (though not too action-oriented for kids), and it's brimming with positive messages and role models. In fact, aside from some laser rays, tense images, and infrequent mild language ("d**n it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!"), the show has nothing wrong with it. Characters are kind and tolerant of each other, and courage, bravery, sacrifice, and kindness are recurring themes of the show that always take center stage from the sci-fi fights. Highly recommended.

Kid, 12 years old Written bymathgirlie January 2, 2010

THIS IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!!!

I have just started watching Star Trek, and I think that this is the best show that I've ever watched in my life! It's got good role models, and positive messages. (Though Kirk does kiss the girls too much!)
Favorite line of all time:
"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an engineer!"

Kid, 8 years old August 19, 2009

I HAVE A STAR TREK COMIC AND I LOVE THE SHOW BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN IT IN A LONG TIME

Parent Written byCooldee April 21, 2010

For ages 11 and up, but please beware of younger children watching this show-it can scare them!

Please beware of the violence, even though blood is not shown, and the messages that are given are the following: Respect, duty, loyality, and friendship. I love this show!

Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

living breathing show

only violent for kids under 8, but frequent semi-sexual themes that require discretion... the pilot just creeped me out in that area ... but an amazingly brilliant show. watch it. you'll be hookkkkkked. \\// live long and prosper :)

Kid, 11 years old Written byMojo02 April 9, 2008

Boring

Makes me feel sick

Parent Written byBlackberryBushFamily December 30, 2009

I am almost 11 and this is way to scary. Characters are not what they seem. Captains "log" is funny though.

This show is too scary. Lost in Space was already scary enough. I keep trying to watch this show with my mom and dad and little brother, but I always have to run out of the room. Nancy the salt sucker is horrible and the music that plays in each show reminds me of her. I feel bad my friends watch Avatar and aren't scared, but I watch this and I have to leave the room. Even my little brother likes this show. I like Star Wars though. I'm not allowed to see the last one they made.

Adult Written bycrackerjack5 May 29, 2009

Best show ever made

What made "Star Trek" so special was the heart and message behind the special effects. This is different from other space shows, who only care about flash and style. Star Trek has fantastic characters who care about each other, and who the audience cares for as well.
Totally recommended. I started watching it when I was 4 years old and haven't stopped since!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byOmiwako April 6, 2010

The Best There Is.

Need I say more, really? It's STAR TREK. You can't get any better than that! LL&P, Kiddes.

Kid, 12 years old Written byKidWhoReviewsStuff April 11, 2011

Perfect for tweens, teens and adults

Young children may be frightend by the aliens and also there is some sexual content. Overall a very safe and entertaining programme.

Kid, 10 years old Written byThat Reviewing Kid January 16, 2011

The series that keeps on going where no man has gone before

A perfect tv show that ocassionally features things of a scary or sexual nature but people around 8 - 9 should be able to deal with it.

Kid, 8 years old Written byelijaheac May 2, 2009

I LOVE STAR TREK!

This is my favorite Star Trek series!
I love it!

Kid, 11 years old Written bylkjhb1 June 10, 2009

this show should be rated pg

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

Classic!

This show practiccly invented space travel and sci-fi. A little mature for a G rating, but exciting.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bygcgee@msn.com April 27, 2009

A great show for kids

I understand the rating of 8+, but for our kids, 4 and 6, there is no better show. (The goofy special effects on some level negate the possibility of it really being too scary.) We like the show's positive messages, the questions the plots inspire, the friendship of Kirk, Spock, and McCoy, and the interest the kids are now showing in science. For kids, what's better than good stories involving spaceships, guys in monster suits, bright colors, and styrofoam rocks? Ultimately, Star Trek TOS is just plain fun and so well done, despite its budgetary limits. Have fun!

Teen, 15 years old Written bythefinalfrontier1701 October 25, 2010

Great sci-fi with minimal violence and language.

This show is great for families and MUCH less violent than Star Wars. TOS is also the least violent in the Star Trek timeline. There is minimal blood (e.g. Episode 50, Patterns of Force and when Kirk fights the Orion in Journey to Babel.) and Kirk says, "Let's get the h-BEEP out of here in The City on the Edge of Forever. All in all, a great series that has very little concern.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykossu August 12, 2009

Kid, 11 years old Written byMajorTrekkie96 April 9, 2008

I LOVE STAR TREK!!!

My Mom and Grandparents are major trekkies. I've watched almost all (What my parents thought was appropriate)of the 5 star trek series and I must say I LOVE IT!!! Some kids might think that TOS (The Original Series) is lame because of the less than convincing special effects, but in my opinion they need to realize that at the time, this was ground-breaking stuff. AND that if it weren't for the original star trek and star wars, special effects would not be at the level it is today! I strongly suggest Star Trek: The Original Series for kids who like learning about what TV was like in the 60's!

Kid, 6 years old October 18, 2012

piece of rash

very horny show

Kid, 11 years old Written byIndiana-Jones October 2, 2012

Interesting, science-oriented adventure series for the family.

It's ok for older kids. I don't think that young kids understand the series, because there are lots of scientific words and things. But it's ok for kids at age 10 and up. The violence in the series is very rare and bloodless, sexuality is rare. I love the series!