Kid reviews for Star Wars: Andor

Star Wars: Andor TV show: poster

Awesome, but not for little children

*This is based on the first 3 episodes* Andor is a mature, grounded story about real, down to earth people in the Star Wars universe. There is what was in my opinion a rather unnecessary sequence that strongly implies that a girl and a guy had sex. There was nothing explicit but I don’t believe they should’ve put that into Star Wars. There was one use of sh** and two uses of bast***. All of this aside, the characters, both old and new, are compelling and the action is well done. Some dead bodies are shown, but there isn’t any blood on them. A young woman is shot dead, and Cassian kills two men in a dark alley. Again, there’s no blood or anything gory. I think that young kids may find the show a bit boring due to the pacing and the lack of epic lightsaber duels and use of the force. But for a teenager and adult, it’s awesome!
4 people found this helpful.

Andor proves that Star Wars, in the right hands, can be top-tier television.

From the first trailer, my expectations for Andor were ridiculously high. I have to say, after the conclusion of the first season, wow! The series is one of if not the most well thought-out project from Lucasfilm in recent memory. Star Wars, as much as I love the saga, isn’t exactly known for top-tier writing. Andor takes that expectation and flips it completely on its head. The quality and complexity in every single aspect of this story and its production is wildly impressive! I would 100% recommend this series to both diehard fans and Star Wars haters, you don’t want to miss out on this. Of course, this gritty, more mature approach to the galaxy far, far away is bound to have some potential concerns for parents. #1 (VIOLENCE): Andor continues the typical Star Wars violence, with blaster battles, explosions, and hand-to-hand combat. Blood, if shown at all, is minimal. Many civilians, Rebels, and Imperials alike die in combat, and some corpses are focused on. A man commits suicide by electrocution; the moment is not graphic. #2 (LANGUAGE): While swearing is only mild in most of the episodes, Andor breaks the usual Star Wars standard by including one very clearly spoken sh**. Slang for suicide is included in one scene. #3 (SEX): Of all on-screen Star Wars content, Andor is certainly the most involved with sexual content. That said, it is still fairly minimal, and mostly limited to the first few episodes. Cassian enters what is implied to be a brothel, a holographic woman dances in the background, there is a tiny bit of flirting, but the speech is nowhere near graphic and no scantily-clad women are seen. In the following episode, the side of a woman’s thigh is briefly visible as she pulls on a pair of pants, it is implied that she slept with her boyfriend the night before. Two characters are remarked to be “sharing a blanket.” Another brief implication that two characters slept together. Male prisoners are shown naked from the waist up.

3 people found this helpful.

Amazing Character Origin Story

More violence than your average Star Wars (not too much), implicit sexual references, but a great story.

3 people found this helpful.
It's a more mature Rogue One prequel that has violence and intrigue.

Amazing!

My previous review stated that this show was boring… and it’s true, the first couple episodes are… however, episode 3 picks up pace, and episode 4 makes me want the show to never end. The characters are compelling, the story is fascinating, and the questions the series poses are interesting. Make no mistake, this is 100% aimed toward older audiences. Kids will be lost with the political, complicated stories, and will probably be booted out of their minds. However, those mature enough to understand it will be fascinated. Definitely watch!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Most mature Star Wars project ever!

This series is surprisingly the most mature and adult-themed Star Wars project out of all Star Wars projects they have made, which is a good thing because I love how Star Wars is getting mature and more interesting by it.

It’s Star Wars who new we would have reference sex

It's good but probably for 13+ because there are a moment of sex

Great show

This is probably the best of the new Star Wars tv shows. It does touch on some heavier stuff than the others, but it presents it in a great way.

Full of action but story and characters fall short

Andor is an pretty good show. I say that but it definitely has it’s flaws, honestly some of the characters are pretty boring and the story is kind of all-over the place, although i have enjoyed what i have seen. The start of this series took quite an while to find itself but when it did pick up the pace and action it was quite fun, from intense shoot-outs to exciting chases there’s allot to enjoy and these scenes aren’t that bad, if someone is shot, crushed or whatever crazy star wars death very mild gore is shown. I have an heard an few swears nothing too bad and no F-bombs! All in all i’m giving this show 3 stars for some epic scenes but boring characters and strange story, also note that this is an must watch for any Rogue One or Star Wars fan and yeah! Watch Andor for some fun action and also i am going to give credit to the quality of the sets from huge mountains to an the sky-line of Coruscant, this is an must watch for any fan of that galaxy far far away…