Parent and Kid Reviews on

Steven Universe Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 144 parent reviews

Sort by:

Steven universe (2013) is fit for under 10s!

Come on, there is nothing offensive in Steven Universe (2013) that would make it have to be rated 10+

5 people found this helpful.

Lots of Pearl (haha get it?) clutching in some of these reviews

Steven Universe is one of those rare kids shows that actually have the whole package: well-developed story and characters, gorgeous animation, wonderful messages, etc. Some parents freak out over the LGBT+ friendly content, thinking it's the Big Scary Gay Agenda trying to confuse their kids about their gender and/or turn their kids gay or something. If your child turns out to not be hetero and/or cis, it's because they were born that way, not because a cartoon show confused them. It's absurd, truly. And seeing a show with characters that they can relate to will only make them feel validated. Other than that, if you're worried about your kids having some tough questions about the show, guess what? Welcome to parenting. Suck it up. You're gonna have to answer tough questions sometimes. But look, kids are FAR more intelligent, accepting, and understanding than you think. It doesn't have to be complicated. Here's an easy script for you to follow: Your kid: "Mommy/Daddy, is Pearl in love with Rose? Aren't they both girls? Girls can be in love with other girls?" You say: "Yes. Some girls love girls, and some boys love boys. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that- it's just how some people are." Your kid: "Oh! Ok." Your kid goes back to watching Steven Universe. End scene. I had a similar conversation with my 6 year old son. I am telling you, kids will accept very simple answers to questions that some of you are all a-tizzy about. I've found that kids have to be taught how to be racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. and parents are wholly responsible for teaching them that hatred. Don't be that parent. And why would that one silly issue cause you to deny your child to watch such a high-quality cartoon show? There are many different body types, good messages about friendship and love, healthy conflict resolution, non-toxic masculinity, and all around positivity and pure joy. Be a decent human being, for goodness sake. There are far worse kids shows out there and SU is a breath of fresh air.

2 people found this helpful.

Inclusive can be smart and fun!

A delightful cartoon that is inclusive in so many ways. The animation and music are both beautiful and clearly crafted with care, the characters and relationships are lovingly portrayed and the messages of resilience and inclusivity are given with humour and a light touch. I watch this with my 4 year old and my 8 year old and we all enjoy it in different ways. There's literally nothing in the show that I have issues with.

2 people found this helpful.

Silly space heroes

I loved the found family in this show. The characters were all great, it’s hard to pick a fave but it would be Steven haha. They always fight for the innocent. There were a lot of laughs and excitement. Nothing too scary. Me and my 8 and 5 year olds love it!

The best show

A perfect show about kindness, friendships, tolerance and acceptance

I love this show and so does my daughter. The songs are memorable, the lesson teach great values and it's overall fun and colorful. This is by definition the perfect kids show! It teaches about honesty, it teaches about unity and its really beneficial on teaching kids about the ability to treat their mental health with care

I Like This WAY Better Than Adventure Time I Really Do!

Way Better Than Adventure Time I Like Steven Universe WAY Better Than Adventure Time It Teaches Good Lessons,Good Morals,Be Happy With What You Have,Be Happy For Other People,Drink 3-5 Ounces Of Water A Day,Brush Your Teeth In The Morning And Night,Don’t Smoke And Drink Alcohol If You Are Under The Age Of 21. Here Are My Pros And Cons For Steven Universe Being Better Than Adventure Time Pros: 1. Adventure Time Teaches Kids Nothing But Steven Universe Teaches Kids The Best Lessons Out There 2. Adventure Time Has Too Much Swear Words Like “Stupid” “Butt” “Ass” “Damn” EhdieieoekekekwoButtPhilphyAnimal!” “Shut Up!” “You Are Unkind!” “Hate You!” “I Don’t Want To Be You’re Friend Anymore!” Steven Universe Is Thoughtful And Doesn’t Say All Those Inappropriate Swear Words Like Adventure Time Does 3. All Of Steven Universe’s Friends Know All About The Power Of Friendship And Adventure Time Doesn’t Cons: 1. Adventure Time Is A Great Show For Gamers But Steven Universe Is Less Charming For Gamers Than Adventure Time 2. Adventure Time Has Positive Role Models Like Finn Wanting To Be A Great Hero But Steven Universe Already Knows How To Be A Great Hero 3. Adventure Time Isn’t For Kids But Adventure Time Is Not As Positive As Steven Universe Is

god like

its cool if you dont like Yokai Watch You Suck

Very wholesome show.

Strong characters, good plot, loveable protagonists, and great show overall.

its average

its full of adventure and mystery and family with great messages but has some vilonce