Parent reviews for Super Giant Robot Brothers

Super Giant Robot Brothers TV Poster

I really like this show. It has a lot of adult humor along with child appropriate humor. The characters are definitely interesting and the show itself has much diversity. The character Shiny brings a lot of comedy to the table and a persona many children can enjoy. Outgoing, comical all while learning about himself. There is monster blood and destruction so advisory to parents who don't want their child to watch it but if not.. its a great show overall.

1 person found this helpful.

Fast paced, cinematic robot adventure with heart.

This show is funny and smart, with cinematic, dramatic pacing and a great blend of the "winking" references that amuse grownups* along with the simple, smash-bang action that will please kids. I have mostly listened to this show (on repeat!) while my kid watches, so I don't have a ton to say about the visuals, although they do seem higher quality than most. And while the Common Sense review is correct that the dialogue is fast and occasionally complex - that is a bonus in this case, because it leads my little guy to ask questions about things he didn't understand and work to expand his vocabulary. I remember doing the same when I was young - it's a good thing. What I particularly love about the show is how one of the robots is stiff and "old school" and the other is, well, a bit "fabulous" and thus the show includes a really inclusive message about the spectrum of masculinity and how you can be awesome however you are. It also covers, in clever ways, crushes, sibling rivalry, problem solving and the importance of family (among many other subjects). While it's not a straightforwardly educational show - it's no Magic Schoolbus - it does educate. *There's a "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" joke in the first episode and my Gen X heart swooned.