Parent reviews for Survivor

Survivor Poster Image

A little risque

I am by no means prudish. However, I began watching season 1 with my 10 year old, and the multiple discussions regarding orgies, was a bit unsettling. I watched this season when it originally aired, before having children. I was prepared for nudity, but forgot about the sexual content. Watching it with them, I am having to press mute at least once per episode. I think we’ll be done after getting through season 1.

2 people found this helpful.

Pet peeve

I think we know the game has lots of upside n downs but the one thing that should be sacred is your bag.Noone should be allowed to go into it.Thats the one place Noone has a right to go in.I think it should be a rule.Thats the only thing on survivor that makes me mad.
1 person found this helpful.

I absolutely LOVE this show!!!

I Am looking forward to watching it from the beginning of Season 1. I never thought I would get the chance to rewatch them knowing who one. My favorite season I think is the All-Star one and the one in Pearl Islands. I really loved Rupert. He was so big that you couldn't help but think that he might be the first one to go. Way to go Rupert!

1 person found this helpful.

revealing clothes that women wear

The women wear very skimpy clothes like a bra and underwear as they do challenges such as run around lifting, pushing, crawling I don't find it to be family show.

For tweens and above.

This show has raised some good parental discussions. Not ready for my 11 year olds to watch.
not rated for age

Generates Family Discussion

Reality t.v. gets a bad rap sometimes and Survivor is certainly an example. While highly edited to create drama, the show is not exploitative. Unless you are ready to have discussions with young kids about what it means to be gay, or about sex in general, I would suggest this is best for the middle- school-and-up crowd. But for families with older kids its a great choice for watching together as a family.
not rated for age

I Like it. But it's not good for the one Under 13.

Survivor is cool for me. But it not good for kids at all.

Fun, Fast Paced, and Interesting

Survivor is a competitive reality show in which 16-20 people are sequestered on an island (oftentimes in Fiji) together as they compete for 1 million dollars. The show does have positive messages, role models, and a diverse cast in many of it's seasons. However, the show has over 40 seasons and some of the seasons definitely lack this, although it's not too many. Parents need to know that, especially in early seasons, product integration is a huge part of this show.

Any age is perfect

I am a professional advice counselor and I believe that survivor is perfect for any age and a great show to watch with the family.

The butt review: this show is not bad for kids!