All member reviews for The Amazing Race

Stressful global race features tense moments, teamwork.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 29, 2011

Amazing Race is Awesome!

Awesome TV show! I love it! Some language but I say its for anyone from mature 6-year-olds-100-year-olds. It's really good and fun to watch! I'm going on it with my friend when we turn 21 and we are going to WIN!

Teen, 14 years old Written bypenguinbabe April 9, 2008

1 of the best shows

ok i like ttly love this show!!! i loved the hippies! they were so mellow, & guess what!! THEY WON!! they were funny nice and all around the best ppl on that show. this is a must-see 4 all familys!

Adult Written bymmazog April 9, 2008

Great Show - but tricky for child appropriateness

For a reality show, probably one of the least objectionable for child content. Some usually minor language, minimal physical violence, and minimal sexual content. The worst part is the verbal abuse between members of the teams or between the actual teams. Some contestents are very verbally abusive.

Also of note, with each season, the verbal abuse / language / sexual content / product placement seems to get a little worse or more graphic due to casting or editing.

For kid appropriateness, this is hit and miss .... some episodes are very clean, while others are a little more concerning.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old Written byJack1937 June 15, 2009

Great show!

This is the best game show I have ever watched, though it can sometimes get rough. The comepetators like Margie/Luke and Kisha/Jen (Amazing Race 14) called each other swear words. They even sometimes kicked or made violent moves to each other! Besides that I loved it.

Adult Written bydcatch April 9, 2008

Great Show

I watch it with my kids all the time. Most, if not all, of the language it bleeped out, it is exciting and the kids get to see other parts of the world.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks September 18, 2011

Amazing race rocks!!

This show is the best! It teaches you to appreciate other cultures and you learn about them through the different countries they visit. I've watched it for 5 seasons now (my parents have been watching it even longer) and i love it!

Kid, 11 years old Written byBwahaha March 20, 2011

Rocks!

I LoVE it! Fun show where contestants have to do certain tasks and get over obstacles. I watch every episode and I love it!

Kid, 9 years old Written byMonkeyman1521 April 4, 2010

Tune in to the Amazing Race

I love this show it is very fun to watch for kids aged 9+. But there is some language. I also put good role models because people on that show are teaching kids courage and strength. So make sure you and your kids (9+) tune in to it.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytluap2 April 9, 2008

Awsome Race

This show rocks and is probably one of my favorite shows. Just the places they go is amazing and i wish i could go to just half of the places they go.

Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

Great show, Exciting

This is a great show for the entire family. Viewers learn about geography and different cultures of the world while being entertained. I have no idea why it was rated so high in the csm review. I have been watching this for years and still love it, although the family version was aimed more toward kids.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byqtnn April 3, 2011

Interesting competition with appropriate lessons

Best reality series aimed at adults. Competition is challenging, interesting, with good locations. Very little soap opera and personal drama/tantrums *usually* have appropriate consequences.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKevint2010 October 7, 2010

My all time favorite show

The Amazing Race is a blast to watch... the teams are so diverse and fun to watch.. and the locations are always so colorful. It's really a good show and should be enjoyed by families everywhere.

Watch it!

Kid, 9 years old January 30, 2011

good role models+bad role models+mild swears+ geography lessons=AMAZING RACE!

This show is AWESOME! There are some swears, but other than that, it's OK. I have an 8 year old brother that knows not to say the bad words, but in my opinion, he's just mature for his age. Before I knew fr--cki- was a bad word, I kept trying to think up times to say it until it was on amazing race and my parents told me not to use it. The show demonstrates teamwork as well as team members being mean to each other, but most of the teams are good. OFF=7 and under IFFY=8-9
ON=10+

Adult Written byjennycereal May 7, 2009

Our Weekly Family Show

We love this show. My 6 and 8 year olds look forward to it every week. They enjoy learning about the different countries and traditions from those countries. One week, after watching team members struggle with the heat in Thailand, my 6 year old walked around saying, "It is so hot, I feel like I'm in Phuket." I didn't even know that Phuket existed until I was an adult. I will say that this is not a show we let our kids watch independently as there is some squabbling and bickering between players. However, we will stop the show and explain to our girls what is happening and we will use these moments as teaching opportunities to explain to our kids how the contestants could have handled the situations better.

Parent Written byAKsnowgal March 23, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byScreennameGirl September 18, 2011

Great Show

This is a great TV show. You will learn about places around the world and watch competitors fight in a race around the world with challenges. Note: After watching you may want to take a Travelocity vacation.

Kid, 11 years old Written bymustlovedogs500 July 19, 2009

Plesae Watch This Show!

I lvoe this show! Please watch it!

Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat August 20, 2011

Fast global race features teamwork, not for all tastes.

There is essentially nothing here that is inappropriate for children in any way, shape, or form. The only issue that you could possibly raise is profanity. But it is very mild, and rather infrequent. Seriously, Regular Show has more profanity than this show. But anyway, this show has plenty of positive messages. Like you said, the only way to win here is through teamwork. But you ignored the implication that that also means that any team that DOESN'T get along in this competition at any given point fails. Also, you have to keep in mind that, aside from the U-Turns, there's aren't any attempts to get rid of another player. Instead, they are all simply trying to finish the tasks as fast as possible. Therefore, this show is VERY good for family audiences because children will take in all the various cultures presented here that the teams visit, and of course, the underlying message of teamwork. Unlike Survivor and Big Brother, girls aren't seen in bikinis, contestants don't try to backstab each other, and there are no sexual innuendos. So if you really have game shows so badly as to make the grossly innacurate rating that you presented to this show, then you should probably rerate Wheel of Fortune iffy for ages 10-12.

Kid, 12 years old Written byLuna Lovegood November 16, 2009

Great

mild swear words but lots of kids 8 and older know not to use these worse, some teams aren't good role models but most work well together and forgive each other for their mistakes, I love this show as a traveler!