All parent member reviews for The Doodlebops

Adult Written bydkuzi April 9, 2008

Even great for my 2 year old!

My 2 year old is amazed by this show!! But what I am tryiong to find out is can you see the DoodleBops live?? Does anyone know??

Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

A Little Wierd Looking

The characters aren't bad or anything. But they just look weird. My children actually find their looks a little unnerving.

Adult Written byLisa Cole April 9, 2008

Over the Top

If you are looking for high energy, outrageously colorful, over the top entertainment for young children, this is it! As a parent and early childhood specialist, I can see the appeal (very fun, great music!) yet feel the attention to costume, prop, and set overload takes away from the value. Young children need to trust those they are engaging with and the characters feel somewhat like clowns: who is that person behind the mask? On another note, whereas the look and feel is geared toward the young child, the movements are not age-appropriate (too fast and furious), making it difficult for young children to model movements. Also, the content would benefit from attention to the cognitive development of the young child. For instance, an episode focusing on "keeping a promise" is great for older children...who understand what a promise truly is! Overall, lots of fun...in small doses.

Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

This is SO IRRITATING!

I think that this show is one of the most irritating children's shows on TV today. The songs do make my preschooler want to dance, but she remembers none of the "social message" that they are trying to convey. PeeWee's Playhouse meets Magical Mystery Tour meets the worst episode of Wiggles is a GOOD description. There are so many great shows on for kids; flip around and find one. This isn't it!

Adult Written bystephanie_shoemaker April 9, 2008

THE DOODLEBOPS ROCK!!

I watch a baby thats 16 months old and she loves it! I turn it on for her in the afternoon and that is the only show that she will acually watch the whole show and not move, and thats tough for a baby. The colors, music, and how they learn new things is good for a child, it helps with their brain development. I even watch it with her, there's nothing wrong with the doodlebops and i hope it stays on for a long time!

Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Express yourself!

Well I dont watch it or anything, but I like how they incourage kids to express themselves. Kids should be able to without being picked on all the time. I mean who is 'normal' anyway?

Parent of a 8 year old Written bykatrina1963 May 29, 2009

THIS SHOW ROCKS!

This Show Is Full Of Cool Songs And Lots Of Pizzazz!

Adult Written bysponge_bob54301 April 9, 2008

Too much fun

As someone who works with kids as a profession, I think this is a great program for kids. It's interactive, and the colors and shapes stimulate young minds. I gave this a rating for Five years and up because I don't believe that anyone younger should be watching TV. We don't want them to become used to an electronic babysitter.
For those in Kindergarten and even pre-school though, this is a great way for them to learn social habits, and the basics like colors and shapes too. Plus the music is fun. As a performer, I get many great set-design ideas as well as fun movements to use. This is also fun for adults if you don't feel weird about watching a kids show.

Adult Written bysoyabeansmom April 9, 2008

Where's Moe?

This show is one of my daughter's favorites. She dances to all the music and laughs at Moe's silly antics. It is definately one of the sillier kids shows on tv at the moment. Love it.

Adult Written bybeau99 April 9, 2008

I'm now dumber than ever

Watching just one episode made me feel like I was having an acid trip... but without the acid.

Adult Written bycarl4some April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymowaky April 9, 2008

I was stimulated and entertained!

The first time I saw this show, I was quite entertained. I love all the colors and creativity the show brings. I love the music and the jokes. My 5 yr old son's favorite part is the jokes and the bus. Love all the imagination!
There aren't a lot of shows I enjoy watching with him, but I enjoyed this one! Immediately after watching I came to the internet to check it out and see if they had live shows. Great SHOW!

Adult Written byemessom April 9, 2008

its great

the doodlebops are great i think because they are not just regular people their costumes sre colorful and good music.

Adult Written byhorseswhite25 April 9, 2008

I Laughed, Loved every minute of this show

My 3 year old loves this show. She learned all the songs in 2 episodes.I love singing the songs with her.
I just wish they would have come up with this show years ago. She wishes she could see them live in our state.

Adult Written bygnatti April 9, 2008

Corny but cute

At first, I hated this show, because it is so chipper and colorful - it almost gave me a migraine. But, it's cute, and it's top-notch fr teaching kids social behavior such as: manners, kindness, caring, being helpful and may other things.

Adult Written byMF April 9, 2008

a good message in every episode

Adult Written bylivetohike April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjackg April 9, 2008

The Doodlebops rock and roll!

The Doodlebops are great musicians and love kids. It's a fun show.

Adult Written bybebeyarb April 9, 2008

Very entertaining!

The doodle-bops spark a childs musical interest and not to mention they love to dance with Dee Dee, Roney, and Moe! The set, characters, and costumes are very colorful and fun. Each episode has some lesson to teach either it's a lesson in behavior, manners, sharing, or making friends. This is a very healthy show for kids of all ages.

Adult Written byjyanek April 9, 2008

Brain dead acting and plot

My little one knows when this comes on the channel gets changed. Plots are predictable. This is the kind of music we'll tell them to turn off when they get older. It doesn't represent quality music or acting. Production value is low budget.