Parent reviews for The Mentalist

The Mentalist Poster Image

Prejudiced Series

It is a prejudiced series. Most of the time a Latin actor/ actress is included, results are that this person is the killer. There is not a permanent Latin actor/actress in the series, even though it is recorded in California.

Good but...

Good start but cliche hook up! Disappointed writers had to go there with Jane and Lisbon.

Interesting

Very good

AY, the one millionth MAYRA.

AY MAYRA. AY AY MAYRA. AY AY AY MAYRA. The Mentalist is one of the greatest shows I will ever see in my ENTIRE LIFE.

Crime/Detective show

The reason why I say inappropriate for any kids 17 and under is because there is murder involved in the show. I don't think its good for any kids to watch something that deals with murder and watching as people get strangled and tied up. This is a detective show. Where Jane is the detective trying to catch Red John who had killed his wife and kids.

Amazing Show

The Mentalist is one of my favorite shows! It's so addicting, and once you start watching it, you won't be able to stop. Each episode is filled with suspence. As for violence and language, the violence is not too bad, but almost every episode features a crime scene, and/or a shooting, but nothing too graphic. The language is very infrequent, and not too bad. If you don't already watch this show I highly suggest that you start!
As a family we think that the main Character, "Jane" is hilarious. He is comedic and rarely are his antics approved by the CBI that he is a consultant for, but Jane always comes through with the catch in the end revealing the truth. We sometimes hide our eyes when the show reviews a specific crime or murder over and over, which I don't think they have to do so much of, but overall, we want to find out who killed "Janes" wife in the beginning of the show, so we will continue watching. We all fel in love with Jane and hope he finds the solace he needs in finding his wife's, and also his child's murderer.

Teens yes, and Mature Tweens

My mature 12 year old loves this show....as do the adults in the house. Good role models....fast forward thru the more grisly parts. Dialog good for the most part. Sure beats other tv the kids want to watch

Good show

This is a good show, appropriate for anyone 14 and up. By the way, the CBI is not fictitious - it is in fact real. The Common Sense reviewer should have checked that before writing her review.