Kid reviews for The Secret Life of the American Teenager

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Poster Image

why do people hate on this show so much

so basically it's about a teen who becomes pregnant. This show is unrealistic and feels almost like you are walking in a circle but that might be the best part about it! It makes viewers forget their problems by making the series so unrealistic and drama filled. People say there are no positive role models but have you seen Ben's dad? Like, I can't be the only one jealous of Ben because his dad is so awesome! I also just LOVE Molly Ringwald! AND this is an awesone show to watch when its that time of the month lol.

It was really good!!

Sure there were a FEW cringey, slightly unrealistic, and drag-on scenes, but honestly I really liked the show. A lot of people have said it's unrealistic, but it's a TEEN TV DRAMA so idk what exactly you expect. It is supposed to be for entertainment, it is not supposed to be an accurate portrayal. However, on that note, I think it did show teen pregnancy and parenthood well (even though I think the main character Amy was a little annoying and even niave at times.) Anyway, I feel like the show gets better throughout the seasons and I really liked the plotlines. Definitely a good watch! I'd suggest if you are over 12 or 13 if you are not super immature.

Any Mature Kid with Knowledge of “Extreme” Topics can Watch

Okay, so I watched this when I was 12 and it talks about sex a lot. But don’t say no just because of that. To be completely honest most kids learn about sex when they are 8 or 9, sometimes even younger, and by 10 or 11 they are already thinking and talking about it. Other than the sex aspect of it there is some alcohol and drug uses and talk, talk of sexual harassment/abuse, loss of a baby, loss of a father, and mild bad words such as sl*t, hell, b*tch, and laid. As long as your kid(s) is/are mature they will be fine watching this. It can seem extreme but in the end it’s just a soapy teen drama. It does have good things too, showing the difficulties of teen pregnancy and teen sex, I can guarantee that any kid who watches this won’t have sex until they’re older and in a committed relationship or at least will be very very careful when having sex. It also shows great friendships and people with traumatizing paths becoming great people. I would definitely recommend!

love this show

So I saw this show on Hulu and I decided to watch it; I am obsessed with it. I believe it is for an educational purpose but I find it very entertaining. I believe that the acting is a little cringe at some times but that is what is entertaining to me about it hahah!

An Amazing Show!

I've watched this show so many times, I just got finished with the first season for the third time, the first time I watched it I was around ten or eleven and understood a lot of it, now that I'm watching it again at my age, I understand even more of it. I'm obsessed with this show and the actors/actresses are perfect for their parts. It teaches a lot of lessons and makes you think a lot about your decisions. Definitely not for someone under thirteen though! Highly recommended for people who are mature and can handle mature content like sex.

Good show but.....

Its a really good show but it does talk about sex a lot.

Great show

Well honestly I loved it put people aren’t understanding that Amy is such good mother she just left so she can study and go university to get a job and provide for her family she will obviously visit every few weeks and in the end she will live happily ever after with her family ( Ricky, Herself Amy, John)

The Secret Life Of The American Teenage

This is so stupid. It has the word ''Sex'' 500 times. Oh my gosh!! It's so stupid!

Good show

This show is great for teens and even some mature tweens,and FYI to all you parents; teenagers do actually talk about sex, especially teen girls, it’s just something that we do because it’s natural and it’s not like anyone I know is actually doing it. And second of all, there was this one parent that said that children and parents should not talk together about sex, as they do in the show but if a child truly trusted their parents they would talk to them about sex or anything else just like I talk to my mom about everything. Thirdly, if you tell your kids not to do something (especially if they’re teens) they are most likely going to do it!!! That is why so many kids smoke and drink and get pregnant, because their parents told them not to!! And parents in the show are not ok with their kids having sex... there are several parents in the show who tell their children not to have sex, which brings me to my next topic, parents; NEVER tell your children not to have sex, and NEVER tell your children that they can’t be gay or they can’t love a certain person, because they will just wanna do it!!!! Instead say: I would prefer that you not have sec until you are married. Or: It would not be preferable for you to be gay but it is YOUR life and your decision. This is what my mother told me and I don’t plan on having sex until I am married and I’m not gay but if I was I would know that my mom still loves me. Anyway... the show teaches people about the consequences of sex before marriage and unprotected sex. In case you didn’t know, the show is about a girl who has sex at 15 and gets pregnant. Although I do not agree with her attitude, Amy (the main character) talks about the difficulties of being a teen mother. One great thing about the show is that at the end of each episode the cast talks about a website that you can go to that teaches you about the pros and cons of teen sex. I love this show and feel like anyone that can be mature can watch this show.

Great for teens

Now I do have to admit that the show is mostly about sex and that’s not the greatest thing,but, if you’re muture enough to understand that it’s just a tv show, you would probably like it. Btw people need to stop saying that the parents condone their children having sex but they don’t, in the first episode amy’s (The main character) dad says “you are not ready to have sex! Neither of my girls are ready to have sex”. A good thing about the show is that they show the consequences for teen sex. Another good thing is that at the end of each episode the main character talks about how teens and parents should talk about sex and tell about a website that can help you talk to your parents about sex.