Parent reviews for The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody Poster Image

I loved this show when I was a kid

I’m 21 now and I loved this show when I was a kid. Always thought it was really funny and I recently rewatched it just for some nostalgia and it’s still funny. I don’t see a reason for anyone not to watch it.

Typical goofy comedy

My son loves this program and makes me watch it! Actually, it's not that bad and can be quite be quite funny at times. The two main characters are quite annoying and have stupid hair.

Sends the wrong message

There’s a couple of great episodes but sometimes it just sends the wrong message. I was watching this episode the other day where Zack and Cody get a shared bike and Zack keeps hogging the bike and good natured Cody doesn’t want to cause a fight so he simply tells him that he wants to use it as well. When Zack doesn’t listen Cody goes to their mum and tells her about it and she advises him to stand up to Cody and that it’s not her problem. It just shows you to blame the victim. The mum doesn’t try to teach Zack good manners (which she should have) but instead dumps the responsibility on Cody (“it’s your job to stand up to your brother”). Overall it’s a fun show but would not be comfortable letting my kids see it by themselves due to the potential of wrong messages being sent (like the above example).

A Review of the Suite Life

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody is an essential show in a child's development. The metaphorical storytelling disguised youthful play that parades about the Tipton Hotel™ truly will entertain your child in multiple vectors of quality. Although it may be a struggle for a parent to enjoy the program at first, your child will love it from start to finish. The arrival of Disney+ marks a time where a child will be able to watch shows from multiple generations, don't let this one evade their history

Best Disney Channel Show Ever

I didn't grow up watching this, so I'm coming from a different angle as many people who grew up with this show. As a 19yo, I absolutely fell in love with the show and it's hilarious yet real characters and stories. Compared to the other popular Disney Channel shows, this BY FAR outranks them all by it's originality, hilarity, and good messages. True, boys will be boys, and the twins land themselves into trouble almost constantly, but they always take away a lesson learned. It's a fun show full of laughs and heart that I think every kid should watch.

A brilliant Disney Original show. Very glad my children were brought up on this. My husband and I also get a good laugh out of the suite life. Not only is it funny but the show breaks all stereotypes and is great for equality e.g dumb Asian-smart blonde girl. If they ever play this on tv again, make sure to watch it!

Great Values!

Zack and Cody start out the series as the new kids in town. They depict the average feeling of new kids in trying make friends and fit in. They live in the hotel because their mom works at the hotel as a singer, but they have just as many rules as other kids. When they do something wrong they get in trouble. However the boys' antics have saved the hotel and the characters jobs on more than one occasion. They strive to fit in and be kids, it has even taught the adults on the show a lesson or two, like when a conman and his daughter stayed at the hotel and set it up to look like he fell on Zack's skateboard. Zack and Maddie figured it out that Holly was too smart in conning someone the way she did and realized that her dad wasn't really hurt. Or when Mr. Tipton was ready to come to fire someone because he was in a bad mood, they got Muriel to act like she still worked at the hotel so he would fire her even though she was already retired. On more than one occasion Zack and Cody have saved the day and/or taught someone a valuable lesson like listening to the little person or standing by your friends. It doesn't teach kids ways to get into trouble, sure they may get in trouble but what kid hasn't gotten into some kind of trouble at some point?

Disney missed the mark

The episode I just watched with my kids ends with the mom saying she was wrong after the boys had cost her tons of money messing something up…"I'm the parent, I make the money. You're the kids, you're supposed to play and have fun…parents are supposed to take care of kids, not kids taking care of parents." I disagree with this entire philosophy of life. As a family unit, we all have responsibilities. If there was something redeeming in this show, I'd be more okay with it.

The titlle was perfect for show, if it comes back on air it should be "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody Dorm Years"

This show is a great show my 13 year old and 8 year old still loves watching this show on netflix it is timeless and funny, I also it enjoy it! It should come back on air

9-10 Year Old Boys MAKING OUT?? Um, No Way!

The show is funny, the actors are (mostly) good but the boys are WAY too young to be thinking about girls they way they are. In one episode, Cody and his GIRLFRIEND, Barbra, start completely making out! I was surprised and make sure I watch it with my kids. If anything else horrible goes on, I'll be there to turn it off.