All parent member reviews for The Walking Dead

Not for children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for children!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parent Written byflyigncrow52 March 30, 2013

Waste of time

ABSOLUTELY NO redeeming value... Unless of course you want your children growing up with these pictures in their minds. Seems we have enough REAL blood and gore in our lives as it is ....

Parent Written bytreat02 March 16, 2013

I love the show, but there isn't exactly kid-appropriate stuff in it

I love this show! LOVE! It's a well-made show, and sometimes it's funny. Being based off of the comic books, some people who read them might get upset. SPOILER***** When Sophia died, people who read the comic books were like, "What?" . The cusses aren't bleeped out, so things like s--t, a--, d--n, p---y. A lot of this is Daryl, who is actually amusing and funny. About the sexual occurrences, well, you really don't see them often. But if you're watching with any sort of kid you will *SHOULD* skip through them. The zombies and gore: Well, they kill zombies by guns, crossbows (Daryl :), axes, knives, baseball-bats. More stuff, too, like their bare hands (cough Daryl). This, though, can get very bloody. This doesn't bother ME very much, but if you don't have a strong stomach OR your kid doesn't have one, I advise you not to watch this show. Sometimes the Walkers look kind of "scary." The REALLY freaky ones I've seen are SPOILER**** (This is only if you want to know when to skip through if you're afraid): Dale's killer, The "Well Walker" and the one that was in the beginning with Rick. Those were the most scary I'd seen. Also: Choose wisely about who you make your favorite character. A lot of characters get killed off, even main ones.

Parent Written byHoneyBadgerEthan January 27, 2013

110 out of 100

This is my favorite tv show. All though there is a lot of violence including, zombies ripping people open/apart. A man interrogating a woman and forcing her to take off her shirt and bra. He then gets up, unties his belt and hits her head on a table. ect. It has great role models including a group of people who take care of each other and act as if they are all one family. But There is also a lot of shooting people, and one scene a character hits another with a machete and kills him.

Parent Written byMandin October 15, 2012

Amazing

Really good show but sometimes is really gory

Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 12 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 November 27, 2013

Review on walking dead

Hey it's the oldest children of Responsible parent of 9. We're sick of being fed little kiddie shows our entire lives when will he understand we're not stinking 2 any more. Anyway, the Walkimg dead is our favorite action show. Gotta go we heard footsteps bye!

Educator Written byBigsamillion October 24, 2013

What you want to know about the Walking Dead

This is an artful and dramatic take on what is generally a thoughtless genre. Zombie film is generally brain dead (pun intended), and it's refreshing to see such an intelligent aim at a cult subject.

The violence is graphic, leaving nothing to imagination. This violence and gore permeates the portrayal. Anyone with violent tendencies or a weak stomach should think twice.

The sexual content is not explicit, and handled well. In the first three seasons, there are a total of four sexual scenes. One is dirty, and lasts about 20 seconds. One is impulsive, and has a crotch grab. This takes all of 5 seconds. One is not sexual but poses sexual themes. This lasts a minute. The last is romantic, and lasts around 30 seconds.

For adults, these are lightly provocative at worst, but for children and teens, I would advise consideration.

This has been one of my favorite series of late. Definitely worth a watch, if you feel like it's a good fit.

Educator and Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written byLuvBinAMommy08 October 16, 2013

Violents and gore but has a positive message

Some sexual content, not often, no nudity. Lots of violence and gore, some episode more than others, some language, and drinking.
On a positive note the main character is a father trying to do right and show his child that you can still do good and help people.

Parent Written byZebrasareawesome June 4, 2013

Awesome show, but graphic

This show is my all time favorite show. Has awesome fight scenes and great action but very violent. Zombies tear into human flesh get shot and some images you see a zombies head getting crushed by a car. Some s*its and damns ect. but no worse then that. Some sex offscreen and a girl being forced to remove her shirt and bra. This show is very well done and it is very good but some may find it to violent. A mature 11 year old could watch this for sure. But know your child.

Parent of an infant, 2, 9, and 11 year old Written bydizzatifation February 9, 2013

Survival is the name of the game for this show

I personally think this show is okay for children that have a basic understanding of what is real and what isn't. This show is a get you thinking show on how to survive. This show is nothing more then a survival book into a movie with a interesting twist to get your attention.

Parent Written byDarraghQ March 19, 2012

Excellent Tv Show

I think its Ok for kids aged 12 and over.

Parent Written byOnly The Truth February 19, 2014

Great show with great role models.

The Walking dead is a great show. A lot of blood and gore, but what else do you expect from a show about zombies. In season 1 sherrif Rick's goal is to find his family. He has to kill people and zombies in order to protect his group as they try to find somewhere safe to raise there children and live in safety. Some kids die and so do adults, the more liked the character is the more grousem the death including characters being beheaded, stomache ripped opened, eaten alive, shot, etc. In one episode a little girl gets shot in the head. But still a great show

Parent of a 10 year old Written byLifesave8 November 1, 2013

It is a very amazing story

They are very graceful its bloody but you can tell its photoshopped because its very red but it is great i suggest it for arround 12/13 and its not really scary cause my childs young and she is not scared of it

Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 13, 2013

I'm not that into it

This AMC drama is all about the Zombie apocalypse and the humans trying to survive it. This show is incredibly violent, probably the most amount of violence you will see on televisions. Zombies get decapitated, stabbed, shot in the head and burned all on screen. Human characters also die in similar ways by others characters and zombies. Language is also pushed really far by AMC even allowing the "S" word uncensored being used. Sex is also in some episodes, in most cases you can see the movements but you cannot see any private parts or breasts. Characters also are shown drinking alcohol and smoking cigars. It is also a very grim and dark series, and it is intentionally meant for older teens and adults. Younger kids may be frightened to death by the zombies and strong apocalyptic themes. Not recommended for young kids, it's more for teens and adults. As for me, I'm not really into the show. The story seems too easy and predictable to me. Also, characters are often trying to kill each other rather than help each other in this zombified world. The characters are forgettable and it seems that this show was made just to show tons of zombies get tore up. I don't think it's as good as people have been telling me. I'm not really into this show, but if you like it I have nothing against you. However fans of zombie video games or comics will feel right at home with this show.

Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written bybrettyd December 30, 2012

best tv show ever but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

an amazing zombie/apocolypse tv series, the show is made for adults,there is everything in this show, sex,drugs,drink,violence,gore,betrayal,lust, but, that said , anyone old enough to watch zombies without the nightmares or getting scared should understand most of the issues, rick is the role model as he is the leader of the pack fighting for survival for himself and his crew, from the off there is all sorts of zombie gore and shooting, and even putting people out of their misery etc, maybe a mature 13 year old could watch this, but im sure it would play on their mind a bit, i believe it is the best tv show ever made, some touching storylines involved with amazing action and fast plot and gripping endings make for great viewing
know your childs limits