All teen and kid member reviews for The Walking Dead

Teen, 17 years old Written byChubbster December 2, 2010

Perfect for teens and adults. Not tweens.

I think this show is amazing! But too graphic for tweens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn December 13, 2010

A show about zombies. Dreams do come true. I love that they make the show almost a much about the people as about the zombies. And they obviously have GREAT make-up people! HA. I recommend this to anyone who has ever seen a zombie movie or has even thought about a zombie apocolypse.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrolltideroll13 October 21, 2011

Huge fan of The Walking Dead

Great TV show. I love it. It's not just a show about killing zombies. The characters are well developed and most of them are good role models. I started watching it because it was filmed in my city (Atlanta) and I really loved the plot. I usually HATE zombie, vampire, far-fetched sci-fi shows, but this one is great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! The only thing that isn't appropriate for kids is VERY STRONG violence (Hitting zombies with axes, decomposing bodies, gruesome scenes of death) and some strong language. Theres only one sexual scene at the beginning of one of the episodes but you can't see anything, its just implied. Anyone 15 and up will be fine. I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 November 3, 2010

A very entertaining treat for zombie fans

I personally love zombie movies, etc. I was also looking forward to this show ever since I saw the trailer a few months ago. It didn't disappoint. The show has the perfect blend of action, drama, suspense, and lots of emotion to make it good for zombie or drama fans.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process December 12, 2010

It disturbs me, but it's good.

I just saw the first episode, and I can tell you that it has a good story, it sticks in your head, and it's gory. Just my kind of thing! However, although some of the zombies weren't that bad, others were just plain disgusting/disturbing/creepy! But somehow, I like the show. Now I'm forced to watch all the other disturbing episodes! Why?!

Kid, 12 years old Written bymovie man 5 December 3, 2010

Depressing, but absoultely amazing,

This TV show is highly addictive (at least for me), and is done well by a very talented director, Frank Darabont, director of The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption (both of which are my favourite movies). However, this show gives off very depressing feelings whilst you grow care for the characters, and it is hard to see some of them die. Fantastic show!

Teen, 17 years old Written bybowling360 November 11, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIOLENCE YES. BUT ACTUALLY THIS SHOW IS KINDA CHRISTIAN. THEY PREY ALOT AND TALK ABOUT GOD. NOTHING WRONG WITH MOVIE!

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 27, 2011

Imaginative and interesting show also has extreme amounts of blood and gore

The ever-popular AMC television show, The Walking Dead, is as good as ever. I just piled through the first season a few days ago, and ever since than, I just can't get enough of it. Simply put, this is easily one of the best shows on television right now, but unfortunately, I guess that probably isn't even saying much, considering that there aren't really that many good shows on television right now, but even still, this is a great show: Beautiful atmospheric, well acted, a wide array of surprisingly well-developed characters and a actual plot to boot, this is well made television at it's best. But, considering the fact that this is a zombie show, it is absolutely, in no way what so ever, suitable for children: There is frequent and extremely gory and bloody sequences of horror violence, including several memorably gruesome images. Also, there is very infrequent but strong sexual content including several explicit sex scenes, but again, surprisingly, not much nudity. Finally, there is frequent but average profanity including sh-t, cr-p, g-dd-mn, d-mn, h-ll, pr-ck, p-ssy and n-gg-r. So, if you are still looking for that next great TV show to watch, and you are a horror fan, that you probably have already been watching it by now, if you haven't yet already done so, already.

Kid, 12 years old Written bydbande August 17, 2011

Good show not as good as the book

This show is great but not nearly as good as the book. Pretty good story line but more violence than anything, there is blood on every zombie and blood splash's out when they are shoot the also eat people pretty gorey there to. two characters at the begging of one of the episodes have sex but you only see the heads of them and they pant. I rate based on maturety if you are able to handle blood than thirteen if not so mature the about 15 the role models are good a man trying to find his family but will stop at nothing, he is probly the best. One man named dixon is extremly racist and says the N word and calls a woman sugar t-ts he also has cocain the say d-----h bag d--m h--l and god if that matters to you and this is only the first season

Teen, 17 years old Written bythefalconater June 23, 2011

AMC is legit

I think people should just know that the show isn't just a zombie fest, there are other messages in it and more interesting storylines than just the zombie aspect. This show is really good, but it's not for everyone, particularly those who get scared easily. This isn't one of those shows that kids know much about either and are jumping to go watch it anyway. If the kid is mature, then they can hang. I love zombies and if you do to, WATCH IT.

Teen, 13 years old Written byalexslade July 16, 2011

VERY VIOLENT

Kid, 12 years old Written byachiever111 November 30, 2011

the walking review

best zombie show ever! but parents it is extremley gory
some language but aweasome

Teen, 14 years old Written byvolleyballnchocolate September 11, 2011

Good Series!

I love it. I'm a sucker for a zombie apocalypse, and the Walking Dead delivers. I like that all of the normal people have problems, just like real people. There's an actual storyline here, too. It's not just senseless kill kill kill. Although the blood might be a little overwhelming for weak-stomached viewers, it's a little more artful than you would imagine from hard-core horror. And the language leaves a lot to be desired, too, but I can let that slide. So it's good for all the teens and adults who like pure, un-watered-down horror! I definitely recommend it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymkerr1998 March 6, 2011

Beautiful violence

It is an amazing show, just some cussing and VERY VERY violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHWADOB August 13, 2011

Violence, gore, and an actual plot line, oh my!

This is an extremely violent show (that's obv, not going to talk about it, just know it's about the amount of blood shown in Kick-***, but also much more guts and decaying are shown. At one point, the main character encounters a man who is abusive to his wife.), but that's not what bothers me. The tension is so extreme, my brother ran out of the room for one scene, and we can take a ton of tension. At some points, you might be yelling at the screen about how dumb a character's action is, but the truth is all of the character's reactions, while they may not be smart, are realistic. I'm dissapointed that I finished the last episode last night, and Season 2 isn't on TV for a few months.

Anyways, in episode two, there is some extremely explicit language, and also at the begining of the second one, there is a scene where a man and woman make out very very passionately in the middle of the woods, and clothes are taken off, no nudity is shown, but it is presumed they had sex. In one episode, several adults are drunk.

Now, I also marked good messages and positive role models. Despite the desperate situations, the main character Rick makes good desicions, and is very noble and bold, being a Sheriffs' deputy. His goodness usually outshine's the other characters desicions/actions.

Kid, 11 years old Written byBookworm100 July 1, 2012

Warning. Do not consume edibles before viewing. Positive message, though

I'm really not keen on the horror section of TV shows. My brother enjoys watching this show, and convinced me to watch a few episodes. My mild age-rating has some serious thought behind it. Kids these days watch this sort of thing all the time. Gore doesn't disturb me at all, and I'm not quite twelve. Perhaps I can differ between real life and absurd ideas. This show also lacks the element of surprise and shock. You know--the moments that make your heart jump. But it's very predictable! You expect blood--which you get--and so it doesn't jolt you. I truly believe in the theory that people are more timid of what they don't see--compared to what they do. But onto the review!
Extremely graphic, disturbing imagery is presented at times. But for a zombie thriller, this show actually seems pretty decent. Despite the now grim outlook on life, the "survivors" are determined to succeed in the world. Under the thick mask of blood and gore, there is a positive message of working together mixed in. I'm slightly disappointed by Common Sense Media. There is sexual content present--couples undressing and implied sex. There isn't nudity, but still! I trust your ratings to be accurate and trustworthy. So try not to let this happen too often. It's parents who pay the pitiful price when their nine-year old views a sex scene in a seemingly sex-free film. But back to the show. Extremely explicit and troubling content, a few sex-scenes and cursing under frustration. So if you have the stomach for it, take the time to go through a few episodes. See if you encounter a slight heart-warming appeal on the corrupted, nightmarish planet.

Kid, 11 years old Written byryan516 December 31, 2011

goood but watch for these things

this is a great show with role models however, there is lots of violence, they missed sex however earlier in the series ther is some sexual refereances ( a man licking a womans tummy, removing of clothes etc.) And language like B----
a--hole and s---

Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 January 12, 2012

Brilliant, but in some scenes insanely bloody

The Walking Dead is the reason I watch TV. TV doesn't get much better than this. The Walking Dead is outstanding but man, its bloody. It is a zombie show but sometimes I wonder why its not rated TV-MA. (rarely does it get that bad but there are some episodes that are pretty voilent.) Okay maybe im going a little over board but still its very bloody. Zombies are cut open and people take there blood and guts and put them all over themselves so they could outside and all the other zombies would think that they are zombies because of how they smell. This show also does have some language. There are not F**** but S**** and other milder words are used. There is some rare sexual content. People have sex in some scenes and thats basically it. They don't show anything but its obvious what they are doing. Overall this is a amazing show but it has its disturbing parts. Heres a tip, if you ever watch The Walking Dead make sure your not eating when you watch it. You could end up throwing up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCptDrake July 21, 2012

Not for Tweens!

Although this show contains a great deal of violence it carries a great deal of good messages! While some characters are 'ambigious' to say the least RIck delivers leadership and unites the group. How ever this message is flooded with violence, some sex (including adultery), language (sh*t,n*gger), and some very bad characters. I don't reccomend this to young teens unless they are prepared for these things. On the other and the comic book is great but it contains the same violence, more language, and less sex. I found the comic even better with a grade of 5 stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLWB32798 March 28, 2012

Absolutely Stunning!

One of the most interesting, gripping and Violent shows ever seen.

Let's start with my icons below.

Good Role Models - Although Rick doesn't believe in God, He still sends a some what positive message, he will do anything for his family.

Violence - Lot's of Blood, Guts, Burned Flesh and Dead Bodies.

Sex - In Season 1 Episode 2, Shane and Lori have sex (Only bra and underwear are visible) it is quite noticeable that they are having sex. In Season 2 Episode 6, Andrea grabs Shane's Pen*s (but it is covered by his jeans) right after it is quite noticeable that they have sex in the car. No Female or male Privates are Seen. And in Season 2 Episode 4, Glen and Maggie go to a pharmacy to pick up some Med's and Glen picks up a pregnancy test for Lori. and Maggie saw Glen near a pack of condoms and it turns into a conversation about sex, therefore they have sex. The side of Maggie's breast's are visible (But Barely). I would not say it is perfect for kids. I am a little more mature for my age, and i love shows like these Gripping and Entertaining.