All member reviews for The Walking Dead

Grim zombie drama is artful -- but awfully bloody.

Teen, 14 years old Written byprowojo January 29, 2014

Excellent Show

I got a younger brother who has been watching this show since he was about 7. It all depends on if you can handle violence and gore. My younger brother can handle the violence and gore. So almost anyone can handle this show but It depends if you can handle it. The only scenes we don't let him watch are the occasional scenes with sex.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTeen 1999 January 29, 2014

Really well made show...

...BUT I don't quite get how a lot of people mean it's appropriate for kids under 15. I mean, a man's gut is ripped open ON SCREEN and another man is devoured by zombies so that we can see his face getting eaten up...

Teen, 13 years old Written byNicolexoxo2715 January 14, 2014

Amazing and Entertaining

I've always been a person who loved bloody stuff and I decided to watch it and it was amazing. Of course I was slightly scared at first since I read some reviews here but it's not scary at all. I suppose it won't fit someone who is scared of blood of gets nauseous easily since they show really detailed guts and deaths but I think the makeup is extraordinary and I really enjoy and when I told my friends about it, several of them say they watch it too and loves it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGabriel Porras December 24, 2013

Overall a great show!

I think it's a great show to watch with your family and/or friends if they're into action and suspense films

Teen, 13 years old Written byPalladinosaur December 21, 2013

The Walking Dead - What Parents Need To Know

The Walking Dead is my favorite show. It is gripping, brilliant, and somewhat terrifying. What parents need to know is that the violence could be a little over the top for kids under the age of 13. In the show, characters kill walkers (zombies) with guns, katanas (swords), baseball bats, knives, and even sometimes a punch or stomp on the face can even bash the skull of these flesh eating creatures. This show has positive role models. The most moral character is Rick, the main antagonist. Fighting to take care of his family. The sex in this show is not graphic at all, but immature teens may get a giggle from it. In season one, a woman has sex with a man, she is having an affair with her husband. In this scene, there is no nudity, just simply a woman in her underwear and a man gets on top, not graphic, but is the most graphic sex scene. The language is not bad at all, S- words occasionally along with the D-word. The language is about the same as a normal PG-13 film, no F-Words. The zombies can get a little frightening sometimes, but once you get into the show they are not scary at all. Only alcohol in this show is in the first season when they find Dr. Jenner. This is a great show for teens and adults.

Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2013

AMAZING SHOW!

The Walking Dead is an amazing show, but it is also graphic. I have watched this since I was 10, and at first, the show was very gory. A year on, I am a complete WALKING DEAD ADDICT. Watch Seasons 2&3 First, otherwise you will find Season 4 extremely graphic. A large group of students in my grade watch this show, and find it extremely ammusing. It is a good show to kill time with, but a jaw dropper if you can't handle horror.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymrmattman99 December 5, 2013

More Than Just A Zombie Show

The show is amazing, due to writer Robert Kirkman and the actors. The show is not about zombies devouring people and senseless violence. Instead it is about the characters, some who you can see yourself reflected in.

Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2013

Not that Bad...ish

The Walking Dead is not that bad. There can be some violent things but it isn't too bad... it might be a little scary for kids under 9 or 10

Teen, 13 years old Written byTinabina00 November 26, 2013

Its a metaphor

Okay, There is some cursing. Oh well. But this show is a metaphor what we are. We are "walkers" to technology. The survivors are just trying to do what they can to survive. If you & you're child can just realize that its all fake. You see the real metaphor and how it affects our society

Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2013

The Walking Dead

I am ten and The Walking Dead is by far one of my favorite shows. I don't understand everyone saying there is to much sex there is like to sex scenes that aren't even explicit. but the blood and gore is insane so if you think you can handle it you should watch this show.

Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2013

slightly disturbing yet entertaining

The charecters are mostily kind people trying to survive in a horrifying world but there is a lot of violence, a bit of sex, and some bad words overall it is a zombie masterpiece. Apart from that there is a comic book series and two games which other then one of the games( suvival instinct ) are also wonderful.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAmandaBrooke November 13, 2013

14 and Over

Excellent show. Teens 14 and older can find a common interest with parents as they both end up watching the show together. Violence is an issue, making the show not suitable for those under 14. Mature 13 year olds can watch.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byLifesave8 November 1, 2013

It is a very amazing story

They are very graceful its bloody but you can tell its photoshopped because its very red but it is great i suggest it for arround 12/13 and its not really scary cause my childs young and she is not scared of it

Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead November 1, 2013

Dark Humor Program

this program is a mixed between comedy and horror (just like house of anubis but worse) and should not be seen by kids under 18, 16-18 is allowed with parental guidence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLOVELOVESMILE November 1, 2013

Love it

Yes they might kill a few zombies here and there and bad people. But its supposed to be based off of a apocolypse. Plus I learned a view tricks that amight save me in a real zombie apocolypse...if I need too.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 October 29, 2013

Great, Violent TV Show

This is definitely one of my favorite TV shows.It is about a survivors of a plague in a post-apocalyptic America. The story is great, and you care about the characters. There is also a large amount of bloody/gory violence against both humans and zombies. There is also a small amount of language and some sexuality, but not much.

Teen, 16 years old Written byChuckles2016 October 28, 2013

Nice

The walking dead is an excelletn show but it can be sacry for younger veiwers .Rick the main chacter is theleader of his small group and he leads them he usaly makes good choices . His son Carl is about 13 and he is struggling with his sense of humanity and this can help son adolesnts with choices bin their everyday life

Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2013

Best Show Ever

I'm 11, and I love this show. Some kids are immature and don't know the difference between reality and fiction. My friends love it and 2 of them are 10. This shoes on TV so it doesn't really have any bad stuff In it but killing zombies, but face it, kids watch other things twice as bad.

Adult Written bySourGalaxy October 13, 2013

I'm not that into it

This AMC drama is all about the Zombie apocalypse and the humans trying to survive it. This show is incredibly violent, probably the most amount of violence you will see on televisions. Zombies get decapitated, stabbed, shot in the head and burned all on screen. Human characters also die in similar ways by others characters and zombies. Language is also pushed really far by AMC even allowing the "S" word uncensored being used. Sex is also in some episodes, in most cases you can see the movements but you cannot see any private parts or breasts. Characters also are shown drinking alcohol and smoking cigars. It is also a very grim and dark series, and it is intentionally meant for older teens and adults. Younger kids may be frightened to death by the zombies and strong apocalyptic themes. Not recommended for young kids, it's more for teens and adults. As for me, I'm not really into the show. The story seems too easy and predictable to me. Also, characters are often trying to kill each other rather than help each other in this zombified world. The characters are forgettable and it seems that this show was made just to show tons of zombies get tore up. I don't think it's as good as people have been telling me. I'm not really into this show, but if you like it I have nothing against you. However fans of zombie video games or comics will feel right at home with this show.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylizzysark October 6, 2013

Love this show

I'm 14. This is one of the best shows ever! I'd say let your 13-year-old watch, possibly your 12-year-old, depending on maturity levels. It can be quite bloody. The zombies are pretty creepy looking. The special effects are phenomenal. Since it is about a surviving group during the apocalypse, they do stab zombies quite a lot (duh) and it gets pretty gory. Again, it's pretty good for 13-14-year-olds, but below that it depends on how much blood and violence they can handle. My parents let me watch this when I was around 12-13 and it's not as bad as this website says it is. There can be language like d-mn, b-tch, a-s, and s-it. Very good show. :)