Kid reviews for The Who Was? Show

The Who Was? Show Poster Image

Fun books-inspired show intros kids to historical figures.

1 person found this helpful.

Great Show!

I started watching this show the same year that it premiered and I thought it was gonna be one of those bad Netflix shows. Thank god I was wrong! It like the fact that it combines historical facts and humor that all ages can enjoy. I do think that the child should be 7 or up because any children younger might get confused with historical fact and the jokes made to make the show seem more fun. Also the worst thing there is probably the fart jokes. So honestly I highly recommend this.

I saw a comment saying "Kids love learning"... Firstly, not all kids love learning. Secondly, you shouldn't stereotype children from a few children who love to learn. Thirdly, this show is amazing. The way they make jokes about the facts that happened, the songs, the clothing. Everything is amazing. I can't really focus on this for too long. If it's boring, I won't learn much. But this show made me learn a lot. I recommend this show to a lot of other kids /or parents. I especially recommend this show to people with ADHD. It's informative, funny, amazing vocals/j, and overall, one of my favorite shows.

Why, just why

Why are people making such a big deal out of this? This show is literally social studies on Netflix... don't listen to the people who say it is humorous and teaches you in a bad way. Some people need to get a sense of humor. Another thing is, who wants to sit and watch something that directly gets to the point? This show is educational and is funny too! Is that really that bad!!!??

Would Definitely Recommend!!!

I think that this show is great! There are a lot of jokes, songs, and dances, but why is that so bad for a kids show? You learn a lot of fun facts about history along the way, but for a big part of it, it's just entertainment. But I think that is perfectly okay, and reading the Who Was? Books which inspired the show adds a lot of additional information. I also really enjoy how they introduce people like Amelia Earhart, Frida Kahlo, and Susan B. Anthony as the role models that they are.

pretty good

it is a really good show i hope they add a season 2 BUT there is misrepresentation of some historical figures

Hilarious

It is one hilarious show and I know some of the people they featured, I mean, a lot. Okay this is one of my favourite Netflix shows

Show that made me laugh instead of cringe

I am a big sister who is in love with history, period. I adore musicals like Six and Hamilton, and I've nerded out over Sacagawea too many times. Night at the museum was a favourite of mine. So naturally I was drawn to this show. I really enjoyed it's historical value, and refreshing perspective. That being said, yes there are plenty of inaccurate facts and yes there is crude humor. So much rude humor. But it's not dirty humor like some shows(cough,cough All Hail King Julien) and it is most definitely not too excessive to hide actual historical facts within this show. If this can get my siblings to share my love of these historical figures, then I'm thrilled. You just need to do what's right for you, though. My seven year old sister is extremely bright; she understood my performance of Romeo and Juliet and we all know how Shakespeare's writing is and she loves telling me all the facts she's learned on the show, not the things added for humor. If you can get past the rude humor, or rather, let your kids or younger siblings enjoy what they think is comedy gold, and you want your kids to appreciate history more, than absolutely give this show a chance.

Hilarious historical satire. Definitely recommended!

The Who Was? Show is a brilliant take on the biographical book series. It's funny, smart, fun to watch and educational (although there are a few gross-out laughs sometimes). Recommended!

Good, but there are a few things...

Some parts are silly and informational, but I didn't like how the song about Gandhi and Ben Franklin and their faces on money put them. Gandhi probably wouldn't care if he got his face on money, and they didn't really tell his story. I thought that it's a good show overall.