Kid reviews for The Wire

The Wire Poster Image

Greatest Show in Television History

This is easily the greatest show in television history. 1. The Wire 2. Sopranos 3. Breaking Bad 'The Wire' is incredibly slow paced, and realistic, ad is sometimes hard to understand, so I would recommend subtitles. But, as many say about this show, it is worth the wait. There is rather strong violence and frequent nudity, as well as strong course language, but it handles it in an arguably tasteful fashion due to the high quality, thought provoking themes from someone of a trustworthy authority. The Wire was created by an ex-cop, and a reporter of the police affairs section of a Baltimore newspaper. In the words of Obama in an interview with David Simon (the creator of the show), 'The Wire is, ... not just the greatest television show of all time, but one of the greatest pieces of art of this century'.

1 person found this helpful.

The Wire

This series has some nudity (breasts) and violence, but compared to tv shows today there are not much violence. Drugs are very big part of this series so you see them a lot. Overall this series is pretty good and if you are 14+ you should watch it.

WHY??????

Why is all the other reviews said that this show is really violent. Yeah it is a violent show but why not focus on the good thinks. It has a great message that you should not be a criminal and they will always be caugth. And to be Honest, the violence is not that bad as people says

The best but violent crime drama for adults only!

This is one of my favourite shows on my top 10 list, Breaking Bad is still number 1. I don't mean to be harsh, but this is not a teen show. Let's start with the violence, graphic shootings, fistfights, beatings, torture and more, all of it with extreme graphics (sometimes quite gory). The sex is frequent, there are strip club scenes, male and female nudity, same gender sex, oral sex and sexual references. The language is pretty much non-stop (not kidding), very strong language like "c--t," is used every few episodes and frequent language like "f--k," "s--t" and "c--ksucker" are also used. There is also hard drug use throughout the series. Maybe the mature and late teens can watch this, but I'd leave it to adults. But don't miss it, you'll regret it.

The best show on HBO has violence, sex, swearing.

The best show tied with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones is fantastic. It's about heroin and urban crime so it's obviously very violent, the language is constant and there are frequent sex scenes and nudity. I may be young to watch this but honestly, I think it's best for 17+.

outstanding

Honestly I think this is one of the best shows ever made. It has amazing character development and the plot is great. Kids may find this slightly boring as it's quite slow moving and violence is infrequent and quite strong sometimes. Sex is infrequent but quite graphic. The main thing about the show is the language. It's very strong and near constant. I feel it adds to the already brilliant script but that's for you to decide. One taboo would be that in season four more than any other language is used by kids a lot.