Parent reviews for Trainwreck: Woodstock '99

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 TV show poster

Based on 1 review

Real nudity, violence, and crime for "entertainment".

Disturbing. I turned it off after nearly finishing first episode. Netflix is profiting off of public nudity of women and men that had no idea their images would be used nearly 25 years later for entertainment that can be paused, recorded, and shared. Streaming platforms and smartphones didn't exist. Interesting how they can say how terrible it was, and then use it for entertainment. These are real people and kids as young as 14, not some actors pretending on an HBO series. This was interesting but could have been done without showing real indecencies and real sexual atrocities and violence involving young people. There needs to be consent for this stuff and there's no way they could have gotten this. Would have been a well done documentary, had they blurred the nudity and obscured the identity of people involved. Other production companies have been prosecuted for showing nudity and profiting from impaired girls and failing to prove age or consent. Irresponsible & degrading film-making.

1 person found this helpful.

17+. Fascinating. Traumatizing. Infuriating. Revolting. Triggering, and Well Done.

Wildly inappropriate for children and teens in highschool. Hear me out. I like Korn too. A really well done documentary for adults; but if the headlining bands and nostalgia of your youth make you think this would be fun to watch with the kiddos; “I saw Korn in concert too!” Think again. There’s rape. Kids age 15 rape. Rape in moshpits. Sex lineups in raves. Violent Abuse. Alcohol and drug abuse. Massive violence and destruction. Video footage of women getting assaulted and sober, grown men on film justifying it through victim shaming. — I wondered how they were able to show women being assaulted on camera without her permission for this documentary? — concerning. Zero male accountability for anything that occurs. It’s the MeToo Movement’s worst nightmare. Triggers even men. So not for the kids. But for the parents; I really enjoyed this documentary. I felt it was really well done in the way it just laid facts down on the table of what happened, and let’s you form your own opinion on it. And; it will be lost on the type of people who enjoyed being there at its worst. Some of it was glamorized by people who were there; however the hundreds of —yes hundreds of — rape survivors weren’t interviewed. It was a really, really interesting look at how people justify their actions, eye opening entitlement of the predominantly white man, mob mentality, lack of accountability, MeTo views on it now, and how music can affect peoples emotions and behaviour. It questions morality. I hope lots of women who were there share the truths they couldn’t share then, now with the MeToo movement. Worth the watch if you’re up for some hard to watch scenes. I feel like good documentaries leave you thinking about them for weeks, and create an emotional reaction, and makes for great coffee conversations, and this film certainly did that. Safe for women to watch so long as rape and assault is not a trigger. This documentary especially showcases what many call “White College Douchebags,” being extremely physically and sexually violent and aggressive which can be triggering for many, many people.

1 person found this helpful.

Violating

Curious to know if consent was given to show all the nudity on Netflix. It is doubtful and i feel there were lots of drugs and alcohol involved and people’s inhibitions were very low. 20 plus years later i would imagine lots of people will be very hurt by this. In very bad taste. Feels very violating.

Great docuseries.

Takes me back to my highschool days, minus the rape. Great docuseries. I would allow my 14 year old son to watch with me. There is some tough scenes in the series that need explaining.