Parent reviews for Wishenpoof!

Wishenpoof! Poster Image

Teach girls early men aren't as special as women.

Yet another show for girls teaching them magic or simply believing in themselves will get them what they want. It is a nice sentiment, but is just setting them up for disappointment. Success in life is as much about hard work as self confidence. And then you still fail sometimes. Also she gives her friends confidence to accomplish their goals, but uses magic for hers? And why are her and her mother fairies, but her gather and her brother are normal? Are you trying to say only girls and women are special. No lie my 3 yr old daughter went to her brother to tell him he can't be special because he's a boy. This is a disturbing trend in kids programs that the mom is always a hard working intelligent woman and the dad is a lovable idiot. Or just average. Honestly as a mom I want my girls to respect their father and men in general as much as they do women. The story is lazy the songs are poorly written. The whole show seems cheap and not well done. Pass it by.
1 person found this helpful.

Awful on every level.

The writing is uncreative and utterly basic. The lessons are flimsy, and the solutions mostly aided by her silly magic. The songs are nauseatingly cringeworthy and sound like they were written in 5 minutes. The animation is subpar. The characters are undeveloped stock characters with no distinctions or interest. A terrible show in every possible way.

Oh the singing

Story lines aren't bad but the singing is so off key. It ruins the fun and often uses an instant win by throwing the magic in there. Conflict? Use magic. Seems to always be the easy out instead of working through things.

Kids songs with adult voice are so weird!!

Tries to impart solid messages like “if you fall down, get back up again” and you don't need/shouldn’t use unfair advantage (ie “magic” ). But the theme song and songs in the show are so completely cringeworthy. If the young girl is supposed to be the focus, why didnt they hire a young singer...age appropriate? Grown up voice from this little face is distractingly odd.

Can't Deal

There are shows I love to watch with my kids. This is not one of those shows. Nearly everything about it feels forced and unnatural--the flow of the conversation, the pace of the scenes, Bianca's singing voice, Bob's random musical outbursts as well as his little lessons in social behavior. The "love yourself" lessons are rather nauseating too. Overall it just really annoys me and I have banished it from my home.

Wishenpoof

The show and story line is great but the singing is NOT good!

Hey Let's Give The Black Girl A Cool Costume!

Season 202 Episode 4 kids play dress-up and you give the black child a WATERMELON costume? Seriously? It's racist and you know it. SHAME ON YOU ALL. Maybe some diversity in your company would help you not make these kind of mistakes.

Fun, smart, imaginative...

The girl in this show has wish magic. She has a mother (with wish magic) a father (with NO wish magic) and a younger brother. My kids 4 and 6 love this show. Best thing is, I enjoy it too! The girl spends quality time with her Mom and her Dad, which I love since I’m a Dad. There is also a funny teddy bear. The show teaches lessons which the girl usually has to accomplish without using her wish magic. Every episode impressed me more with the values it teaches and the way in which it is presented. I promise you won’t be disappointed if you give this show a chance! The show is funny, smart, imaginative, creative and wholesome. To the bad reviewer: As a male I appreciate the diversity of the parents with the mother marrying a man without wish magic. This father is a good role model for the daughter. Also, SPOILER: Don’t read this if you don’t want to know, but the brother has wish magic.

Worthless

I found this show worthless at aiding me in instilling any values in my child. The show promotes instant gratification and is poorly written. Parent135 is spot on with her review. I'd add that it is horrendously obnoxious.

my 4 yo daughter loves this show

My 4 year old daughter loves this show. I appreciate that it's not violent or scary at all and reinforces positive themes of problem solving, helping friends, and working through disappointment. To the reviewer who didn't like only girls having magical powers, Bianca's brother Ben has magical powers too (as of the end of Season 1). Also nice that this show is not around to sell licensed products, like so many other kids shows.