Kid reviews for Wizards of Waverly Place

Wizards of Waverly Place Poster Image

As far as Disney Channel series goes it's 5 stars. It was my favorite Disney show as a kid. The main charecter Alex Russo is kind of a villian a lot or the time so she's not always a great role model. I do remember a Halloween episode where they were pretty much remaking nightmare on elm Street but without all the killing.

It was my whole life in my tweens

It’s such a great series, it’s funny and interesting definitely recommend it~

best show ever!!!! every one can watch it!!!!

i love this show! all kids will love this show!!!!( it is 1000000000000 times more appropriate than hannah montana but hm is really very first watch wizard cause hm is a little too cringey for 7 and 8 year olds) its heart felt nice and realy good not mention how bad situations can sometime turn in to good ones and be fixed easily with just a bit of magic. Alex wasn't as good as a role model in the beginning of the show, but she became way more responsible and caring throughout the series and to the end. Justin is very goody-two-shoes which can be a good influence because he always tries to get good grades and follow the rules. Max is just dumb and he seemed to get dumber throughout the series( but he saved the russos and not to mention every one in the world with alex and justin`s help ofc). But, I do see that it copies Harry Potter way too much. Mason Greyback=Fenrir Greyback. G.H. Darling=J.K. Rowling. Wiztech=Hogwarts. At Wiztech, they have very similar uniforms to the Hogwarts ones and round glasses like Harry as apart of the uniforms. The school is a castle just like Hogwarts. no violence though, just a little scary when mason turned into a wherewolf in s3

I think people are making such a big deal about Alex being the worst role model ever. I get the she isn’t great but she is more relatable than a perfect girl who gets mad when she gets a b rather than an a. She always ends up doing the right thing in the end anyways.

Age 7

This show is fine

its fine

i wouldn't say wowp is the best honestly. i prefer the movies much more since they actually have positive messages to them but the series is more entertaining as a child.

The best Of Disney Channel.

I don't know why so many people are hating on this show! It's a great show to me and it's better then the stuff they have on disney channel now! Alex and her whole family do something new each episode. It's not anything bad! the show is so good it deserves 5 stars! I would give it 100 if i could. The show is called from what i like to call ''The golden age of disney channel. I reccomend this show for ALL ages!

Predictable and Unrealistic

My title explains it all this show is Predictable and Unrealistic. Obviously the word Wizard is in the title so you shouldn't be expecting REAL life lessons. Even though it has the fantasy title Wizard they could have made it more relatable, but no. Lets move on to the oddly Predictable part of the show. Every episode is the EXACT SAME. Alex's father teaches them some useless magic lesson, and Alex fails to listen AT ALL. (horrible role model but I'll explain that later.) Later she either meets a boy she likes or has a crush on and uses the magic lesson that her father taught them. It always backfires because she fails to listen and uses the magic in the wrong way (just to get a guy). She then lies and tries to keep it a secret from her parents. They eventually find out and her father ALWAYS comes to the rescue, and she barely gets in trouble or gets away with it. If in every episode Alex made a mistake, fixes it, and admits to her mistake and takes FULL responsibility for it, and then faces the consequences I probably wouldn't mind how Predictable it was. The show also TRIES to teach to kids that life is full of shortcuts. By shortcuts I mean that basically the whole show is based off of magic, but it's not only Alex sometimes her siblings too use magic to "make life easier". But jokes on them it always backfires, but instead of Disney admitting that YOU CAN'T TAKE SHORTCUTS IN LIFE, they continue to make every episode about how the characters FOOLISHLY use magic to take an easy shortcut that never works. The characters aren't so great either. Alex: The main character who is a HORRIBLE role model to all girls and maybe boys too. Her character constantly throws out the theme to young girls that it's ok to do reckless things JUST TO GET A GUY. To make matters worse she ONLY and I mean only cares about looks, and boys. I mean this is kind of typical teenage girl behavior, but you wanna know why? Because Disney constantly throws out to girls that you should ONLY care about boys, and looks. I rarely see a STEM show on Disney with the main characters as girls. Instead I see girls with makeup on and only talking about boys. Alex is also rude to her siblings especially Justin, which gets annoying. It's not even normal sibling arguments. She just constantly makes fun of him because he's smart and gets GOOD grades. Also the humor is mainly focused on the point of how Justin can NEVER get a date just because he's smart and a straight-A student. Which I don't find humorous just Stereotypical. Meanwhile she is over here failing both magic school and high school. Yet she is the "cool character". We want girls to be more into STEM stuff and realize that you don't need a guy just to live your life. Instead of throwing out shows that encourage things like that you make characters like Alex. Don't get me wrong I love Selena Gomez just not this stereotypical Alex character. Justin: As I said before he is a straight- A student and is a very intelligent. Yet he constantly gets made fun of because of this. Come on Disney I thought we were done with the Stereotypical smart boy who can NEVER get a girl? But again here we are... I honestly find his character the best role model on the show, but Disney overshadows this with how he can't get a girl which I find Disappointing. Max: His character isn't a bad role model. Mom: I like how the mom embraces her Latino herritage there's even an episode about a Quincenera. Dad: Like I said before he teaches the kids magic but they could've made his character lay down the law more to Alex. For example, she never listens in class and is constantly rude and highly disrespectful and I can tell she is disturbing her sibling Justin when he is teaching. But he only says "knock it off Alex". She doesn't listen so he definitely needs to lay down the law more. Honestly in my opinion I think this show would encourage extreme back talk so if your kids are watching this you should teach them the right way to behave, and correct the stereotypes Disney is encouraging.

not an american but love the show

the show is good quality of entertainment. Kids and sometimes even elders can learn how family is important more than anything. love and kindness towards everyone is important.

Wizards of Waverly Place Review

I rewatched the show on Disney Plus, and I really loved. It had some really good characters, and some originality. Even though it was a parody of Harry Potter, it diffrentiated from it really well, and had some good world building. my favorite part of the show was when Alex would get in trouble, and Jerry would stumble over his words and say Alex in a furious way. I liked the Alex and Justin dynamic, because even though they hated each other, Justin would be there for Alex and clean up her mess, and sometimes Alex would help Justin. I think all the seasond had their weaknesses and boring moments, but I still think that it had some good episodes in each season. The show was funny and had some great character moments. Even though Max was dub, he was still my favorite character, because his airheadiness and naivity made him a funny and enjoyable character. I would reccomend this to any teenager, who likes the old disney better, than the trash that it is now.