All member reviews for Yo Gabba Gabba!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byMomtoClaire March 12, 2011

Awful show - do not watch

I do not let my child watch this show. The characters are freaky looking and one of them looks very inappropriate (i.e. like an adult toy) in my opinion. I wish this show would get removed from the airwaves.

Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

this show is supid

ok im 6 but this show is supid

Adult Written bymarshallclan April 9, 2008

IT'S FRESH!!!

My family loves this show. The music is a FRESH departure from the watered down Barney tunes and the almost nonsense the Wiggles project. The characters are cute and relatable which makes the lessons they teach easier for kids to believe and accept. Yes the songs are addictive..and fun. I believe this show will cultivate creativity and also boost self confidence. I love the approach and the execution is perfect, composition and content are right on....and those beats are FRESH!!!

Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 11 year old Written bybpm01 December 11, 2010

Creepy but great!

This has to be one of the weirdest kids shows ever, but they love it. The characters are definitely strange and kind of creepy. But it has positive messages and fun music so why not.

Parent of an infant year old Written bymomma_amma July 6, 2009

Great show for my whole family

We absolutely love this show as a family. Myself and my husband are generation-x-ers all grown up and this really strikes us as something seriously appropriate for our son, but also really cool. I think it sits well with adults without having any weird jokes to go over your little ones' heads. We love the songs. My husband wants to be Brobee. We love DJ Lance Rock. My son loves to dance to the music, and we love to dance with him. We think it's genius!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byLilybugsMom January 14, 2011

A fun, quirky show with an edge parents can appreciate!

Yo Gabba Gabba is my daughter's favorite show and my husband and I love it! It's focused on things preschoolers really need to know (i.e., don't bite your friends) with a realistic perspective for kids (i.e. it's nice to win, it's ok to lose).

The non-sequitur cartoons alternate between retro and ultra mod, but either way are consistently fun and quirky. And although the music can be, well, mind numbing, the songs are surprisingly catchy and the lyrics are simple and repetitive enough for a toddler to really master them.

As a plus for parents, hip bands and celebrity dancey dance friends are featured in every episode. And besides, who can resist the adorable sight of your preschooler attempting to beat box along with Biz Markie? Not this momma!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byKilgore Trout November 30, 2010

If you miss old-school Sesame Street, give Yo Gabba Gabba a try!

My 2 year old loves Yo Gabba Gabba and now sings many of the songs on her own, reinforcing the positive messages (e.g., please/thankyou, don't be afriad, keep trying, etc.). Sometimes I adapt these songs to new circumstances, for instance, "don't bite your friends" becomes "don't throw your toys" or "don't touch your poo."

I also appreciate how the animated jingles also expose my child to various styles of art and design, much like Old School Sesame Street or 1960s-1970s children's picture books.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bymaxinesmum January 18, 2011

fun for kids and hip parents

i enjoy this program almost as much as my daughter. love the styling, the positive messages, and the cool guests. not as educational as other programs, but fun to get up and move to.

Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byiheartgreenmore May 14, 2009

Best Childrens Show to Come Along in a While

I knew the instant I saw the promo spots for Yo Gabba Gabba, that it would be one of my, I mean, my childrens' favorite shows. It is full of color, music, life lessons, and most of all: fun! Everytime it comes on, my 2 year old daughter gasps and squeals in excitement. She knows most of the songs and cannot be seen without one of her five favorite friends. :) And my six year old son gets such a kick out of the music and cool tricks. I recommend this to kids of all ages.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bysmi34563 July 20, 2009

Perfect for little ones & parents!!!

LOVE IT! Super fun & I cannot tell you how many of these songs help us throughout our day! It's absolute crazy business.. very silly. My little girl loves it & I appreciate the thought the producers put in to the messages each episode. "Goodbye.." "Clean it up.." "Don't be afraid.." "Dancy Dance!!.." It's our fave! But probably quite annoying for older kids- it's def for the little ones.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywolfluv203 April 11, 2009

whats with the stupid hat

Its annoying and that guy must get paid a LOT because I would want a ton of money to do THAT job but i dont think there is enough money in the world to get me to do that! Dont waster your time

Parent of a 2 year old Written byklue October 21, 2010

A DEFINTIE POSITVE SHOW FOR AGES 1-7YRS OLD

I have to say when i first saw this show i thought DJ Lance was in a K-hole 'aka' on drugs. But then i got to watching it with my son now 2 yrs old and he loves it. His favorite characters are Foofa and Plex. They show alot of positive things, like don't bitye, be polite, nap time . they really teach my son and he really listens. He even knows when a certaina episode does a certain thing and he will tell u before it happens. we Had Broobie for his 1rst bday party last yr and kids loved him. Some kids didn't even know who yo gabba gabba was until i tuned their parents into it and now kids can't get enough of it. Unfortuantely toysrus and target have stopped selling these toys and its hard to find them anymore but the show is still on and going strong.

Not to mention all the special guest s that teach my son and neice manners and dances. He loves the music and loves to do the funny faces, although we can do without the jokes, not funny and my son never gets them. He does however try to copy Biz Markie when he does the beats. i think this show will be on for a very long time and next time the show comes to NY it REALLY needs to come to LONG ISLAND. It always goes to NYC. I have recommended this show to others and will continue too. YO GAbba Gabbaaaaaa!

Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

JUST. TORTURE.

Watching this is a form of torture for me! Sukkiest show yet!

Teen, 14 years old Written byallyra99 August 22, 2010

Horrible.Not for kids.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bygood parent 5 January 14, 2011

Show role models are lacking

the other day seen Jack Back dancing on the show... he is potrayed as a drug user and a loser in just about every move or show i have seen him in... not a positive role model!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old Written bymasterofvideogames April 9, 2008

um...

Okay I am 11 but this show stinks!!!This is the worst show ever!

Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 24, 2010

Super Cute!

My little brother loves this show! He's three, but my other little who's six likes it, too (even though he doesn't want to admit it). I think it teaches little kids things in a way they will understand. The songs are catchy, too, so i hear someone singing "try it, you'll like it" whenever one of my siblings is reluctant to try new things. So cute!

Parent of a 2 year old Written bypurpleshay April 5, 2011

Overstimulating

OVERSTIMULATING!! This show displays flashing lights and colors, quickly changing screens and an infusion of a variety of electronic sounds. This show would definitely be a NO NO for any child that has ADHD or Autism. The show seems like it is the visual and auditory hallucination of someone who has just had a bad trip from LSD or PCP!! My husband and I still have our mouths open in disbelief!!

Adult Written byheatherham April 9, 2008

Strange but good

When I first watched this show, I thought it was a little creepy. Sort of like someone was tripping on acid and decided to create a children's show. But once I watched it the message was a good one--behavior, manners, eating healthy, ect. And my children like it! Ages 3 and 4-girls. They especially like Foofa the pink thing with a flower coming out of her head. This show actually reminds me of the Seals and Kroft shows from the 1970's. Similar to The Great Space Coaster but with a better healthier message for preschoolers:)

Kid, 10 years old Written bysmartwatcher December 2, 2009

TERRIBLE!!! DO NOT WATCH!!! YOU WILL BE BRAINWASHED!!!

I watched one episode of this and almost had to go get a barf bag. Go ahead and let ur kid see this, if u dont care about their brains. Its completely mindless and if there are any good messages in this i cant find em. Its like a hypnotic alternative universe that will generate strange and brainless behavior in toddler years. Theres alot of Yo Gabba Gabba (i think im gonna hurl just saying it) toys, and the characters look like stuffed animals. Kids who get brainwashed by the show might want to buy products. I cant even say enough to shoe you how terrible it is. On top of everything, its just plain STRANGE. If u care about how ur kid turns out when he\she gets older, dont show them this twisted mutant of a show.