Parent reviews for BrainPOP Jr.

BrainPOP Jr. icon

Homeschooler Grade 2

Due to the pandemic, we're purely homeschooling. It's tiring to be the sole teacher so Brainpop videos are very helpful. During the first quarter, they upgraded my account from Jr to the next level so I can try the "animation" feature. My 7yo kid was happy to see the additional videos but Brainpop Jr seems to be enough for her. We were happily using it but I didn't immediately subscribe for the next month since I needed to customize our exam's further based on the curriculum. I was also frustrated that I couldn't easily collate the grades in Brainpop so that I can integrate it in my grade sheet in Google Drive. However, this 2nd quarter, my daughter was begging me to get Brainpop again as she grew tired of Youtube. Music to my ears so I signed up again but just for Brainpop Jr. I took the Homeschooling option because it comes with 4 profiles/students that I share with my nephews and nieces. Overall, I think the videos are worth it even more if you really use it heavily as in take advantage of the quizzes, creative code challenges, games and readings. We don't have enough time in a day to go through all the content. Also, it has an app that I installed on my tablet so it's easier to browse leisurely. As for the price, I wish it would be lesser than $30/month.
I think BrainPOP Jr. is awesome for my kid! It has very funny videos with Annie and Moby the robot. I just wish they would post new videos more quickly.

Fantastic!

This site (and it’s affiliated site BrainPop) is fantastic. There is so much to explore. I have not even tapped all of the resources it has to offer. I am a teacher and use this in my classroom to supplement my lessons and teach new topics. It’s another mode of learning that kids of all levels and ranges can learn from. I also use it weekly with my 5 yer old at home. It opens minds to various topics and makes learning even more enjoyable than it already is. I’ve been personally using it in my classroom for about the last 10 years. I learn new things every day from the diverse videos and offerings, and highly recommend it!!

Awsome Videos for Teachers!!!!

These videos are awesome. I play the videos for my students during science, social studies and health mostly. I incorporate these videos from the website into my instruction to either engage my students into a topic or to enhance and review what we discussed. They have videos on all types of topics. I still could teach and come up with another way to teach my students without the video. I think the video helps me to engage my Kindergarten students in the topic we are teaching. I notice my students asking to watch the video again and asking to see more videos. BrainPop JR does have quizzes after each video. You can either print out a quiz or take the electronic version of the quiz. If I play the video for my students, we will take the quiz as a whole group electronically. For each question, we will turn and talk to a partner about the answer before choosing one. After taking the quiz electronically, the website calculates a score. I use the website with all of my students. We watch the videos as a whole group. The only down side is the site is pricey. If you are willing to pay the price it is well worth it.

Annie is weird but okay

Annie says no Moby that will take too long when Moby counts six muffins. Really? Other than that great website!

BrainPOP, Jr.

I have only reviewed Brain POP, Jr. Good information and graphics. Voice speaking is that of a child. Good details, easy to follow along. Includes educational content. After the video there are four different areas, easy quiz, hard quiz, belly up (cartoon), and pop a joke. Also, graphics on related topics. Good tool for learning.

Engaging educational tool that invites kids to keep learning

My boys ( 4 and 7) both love this app and often search it out independently. I often require them to watch a topic I select (areas where they need more focus), then allow them to explore on their own. Even my pre-reading 4 year old finds the site interesting and learns from it and my 1st grader really enjoys it. Great tool to allow kids to explore topics that interest them and may not have been covered in school yet - or to reinforce topics they are struggling with. I've been really impressed with the breadth of topics they address.

Fun, educational site!

The reason this has 4 stars is because you have to pay, but some movies are free. Very educational site!

Educational site great for my kids!

My middle school boys LOVE this site!