Parent reviews for Peg + Cat

Peg + Cat Poster Image

Clever, Musical and Entertaining

A clever show that’s fine to watch, both for it’s funny Cat character and musical emphasis. Also educational, and can entertain kids from 2-8! Also, not annoying for adults to have on either, and many may enjoy it as well. Great programming!

My Child is Entertained Whilst Learning

What we like: + We like the illustrations (I especially like the graph paper background and random muted math equations that make up the base of the background and the way that everything looks like it's styled in colored pencil or crayon.). + We enjoy learning. I feel like she's having fun whilst absorbing math and problem solving. What we don't like: - We watched an episode today where peg gave her cat chocolate milk. I really wish that all of the lessons were real-life because then they would be learning all true info. If I hadn't already been there watching the show with her, she might have thought that it was ok to give chocolate treats to cats or dogs and then poison them on accident.

Fantastic show for kids and adults!

As a family, we are huge fans of this show. It makes us laugh and learn at the same time. Can't find a better show for this age group but may recommend Sarah and Duck as an alternative. It is also smart, simple and fun.

Brilliant, exciting

I love watching this smart show with my toddler! This girl is a singing mathematician with a car called Hot Buttered Lightning, a car best friend, and an interest in classical music. My toddler has learned a lot of math and music from this show. Great characters of color but also some racial stereotypes (the neighbor ladies' accents).

Not perfect but good

My take on Peg and her "drama queen" attitude was much different than some other parents. When she freaks out, she counts which is not only an amazing life skill, reinforces math skills, but also may help kids through math anxiety. Yes, the show is louder than say, Tumbleleaf, and that can be grating on the ears. The songs are top notch and catchy and the concepts are presented in good flow, though. I don't see what others may see with the drama queen and meaness. I think it's a good show for us.

This show offers Broadway-caliber music with silly, fun stories that have problem solving at their core. My son and I just love this show: We sing "Pickin' Up Chickens" and "Sorty Sort Sort" all the time just because they're so funny. I'm puzzled by the criticism of Peg. Peg is dramatic -- have you met a 4-5-6-year-old who isn't? Plus, she's a cartoon. A character. She's a send-up. She's funny. Most kids with an ounce of self-awareness can grasp the humor without thinking she's setting a literal example. Even if my boy doesn't turn off the TV and immediately grasp geometric concepts, that's OK with me: He's getting exposed to many different musical styles, smart dialogue and literary references (we're watching "The Blabberwocky Problem" right now) that will nestle in his subconscious as he moves through life, learning. I'll take that over whiny Caillou any day of the week and twice on Sundays.