Kid reviews for Pinterest

Pinterest Poster Image

👍

So I will start off by saying that what a lot of parents don't know is that Pinterest is often used differently for kids/teens/young adults than it is used by most adults. Adults mostly use it to save recipies, in my mom's case ideas to decorate her classroom (she's a teacher), and clothes/outfits. On the other hand, teens use it as more of a social media platform, posting Idea Pins about their life and following strangers they think are cool. So parents, just be aware of how your kids take advantage of the internet. My mom has a rule that she has to follow me on all social media so she can see what I'm doing on it, and I don't think that's a bad idea. Overall I love this app, and I have not encountered anything super inappropriate thus far, only frequent cursing and mild talk of sexual content, but nothing is ever shown or anything so I think it's mostly fine.

1 person found this helpful.

Know your child

I use pinterest a lot and i have never seen anything bad or inappropriate. You just have to know your child, they can only see trouble if they are looking for trouble. I don't have Facebook, twitter or any other type of social networking so I think this is a nice alternative for teens who can't get things like facebook

1 person found this helpful.

It's not inappropriate at all

It's completely fine for young children and is mostly used to post artwork,outfit ideas, or recipes. There is nothing inappropriate to my knowledge and is a very interesting app for when you're bored and have nothing else to do.

First up for any parent or child wishing to have Pinterest the age limit to get an acc is 13+ so generally even Pinterest is recommending you shouldn't be using the app if you are under 13 years of age. I'm saying 13+ because there can be a lot of swearing in videos on there and in video backing tracks for songs. Nothing to inappropriate for teens but some mature content. There is also a issue with body image I have found a majority of stuff I have found on Pinterest about workouts for an hourglass body or for thin arms etc. There is nothing wrong with doing these workouts or exercises it's just that it promotes a "perfect" body. Don't get me wrong there are many positive sides of Pinterest such as it promotes getting good grades in school and helpful tips with life. I found an account that was very motivational and really helped me through hard times in my life. There are a lot of nice people out there on Pinterest people can be so supportive when your finding stuff tough. So I hope you get this app and use it wisely if your 13+ because it can be absolutely brilliant for you and your life.

Pretty good 👍

I like how easy it is to save things you like into boards - it can be a little tricky to stay private if you forget to keep a board secret and there isn't a way to keep your entire profile private, but as long as you use it responsibly it's a fun and easy way to get inspired and share ideas with friends. I'd say the age really depends on the maturity of the user - as long as your kids aren't searching up anything weird they (for the most part) won't really see anything weird, and it's also a good app for adults as well (work, home, anything). Just make sure you look through everything in settings and you're good!

Great, but be responsible

I absolutely LOVE Pinterest! You can get so much inspiration! One thing I’ve noticed, though, is that you can access inappropriate things, but only if you intended to. You wouldn’t see anything inappropriate unless you specifically looked up inappropriate things.

It's not Worth it

It RUNIED MY LIFE AND IT'S STUPID! That app has Pharaphillas, Nsfw and more! It's Worst like Devienart and Wattpad. Well without some worst things I have the Kofi and the amino app with me:)!

Great App for first "Social Media"

This is a great app if your not ready for full blown social media but don't want to be left in the dark. It's a great place for inspiration and sharing with friends.

Best app everrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I’ll start off with saying that Pinterest is great! It’s an amazing app where you can save idea’s, look at recipes for food and it’s a good place for looking at stuff you’re interested in. Now I’m gonna get into the other things, although it’s a fun safe app I should mention that sometimes there could be content that depicts sexual content or drugs and alcohol, and it has a slight bit of violence sometimes, it also has profanity, but not all the time, it really depends on who you follow, also you have to be at least 13 to join although I don’t understand why because like I said it depends on who you follow. But still, if your child wants to get Pinterest I would recommend it!

Mostly great, but only if used correctly:)

I think Pinterest can be a fun tool for everyone, it's great for my craft ideas and such. I do, however, think that there is some flaw with Pinterest. You can't make your profile private, so ANYONE can follow you, unless you block them. Some kids may need supervision while using Pinterest, but most responsible people should be able to use Pinterest wisely and safely.