Kid reviews for Scratch

Scratch Poster Image

Scratch Team must live in a dumpster.

scratch is a good coding website, but get this, the moderation is absolutely horrible. for example, many people get mass-reported and banned for no reason, likewise my account, Iamdudeboy, which got banned for self injury when i had just gotten off it. i just wanted to code, so i made Iamdudeboy2, which also got banned for "ban evading" when i had just wanted to code. screw you ST.

7 people found this helpful.

scratch really sucks!

scratch sucks! along the scratch team sucks! the scratch team are robots not human , they also make you banned for the stupidest reason , also the community sucks, with stupid scratchers who don't deserve followers . only the coding is good. that's it . when you contact the scratch team they say '' we cant message this quickly because of CoVid . but how do covid stop people from doing a message quickly ? but they have to say : we can't message this. cuz. we only sleep in trash . robots moderate the site ' and only a few real humans moderate the site . and don't even talk to the scratch team they are stubborn idiots . they make you banned, and also they mute you for the stupidest reason ever . even you don't say a bad word. what is even that? the scratch team must have been stupid robots, and love to ban scratchers and mute them ! they are idiots!

Obnoxious moderation + appearance

Scratchtean must live in a dumpster. Once my account loosakkak got blocked for a stupid reason and I created ANOTHER account, but then THAT got deleted as well just because I'm using another account. Scratch team must change its moderation because it's a "community" for ages 8 and up. They are hypocrites because they are not being fair therefore they are hypocrites. Maybe if my account gets unblocked now then I would give it 5 stars. And the scratchteam uses BOTS instead of actual HUMAN BEINGS to handle the moderation that's why it sucks. Also, the friggin light. My eyes die because of the light on the scratch page. And I got banned for just suggesting something on the scratchteam profile to make it not light mode. Like, that reason is everything but ACCURATE. Also, when you email the scratchteam, they will send an AUTOMATED message saying "SoRry We AreN'T AblE To rePLY tO YouR EmAiL QuiCkLY bEcAuse oF CoviD.", but how does covid stop you from messaging quickly? I think they were MEANT to say "oh sorry we won't reply to your email quickly because we are to lazy." When youre banned, quit scratch because the bots will strike you AGAIN. Infact, the moderation is so trash that they removed my connections to REDDIT and DISCORD, because apparently that's sharing private information.

just bad.

scratch just made me mad, along with mental problems. when i first started i was pretty much addicted. i would ask to play everyday, to the point when my parents herd the word they would yell. then i got IP banned for no reason. NO REASON. that caused me to have huge mental problems and the first couple months i would cry at night. also, the site has SO MUCH F# BULLIES. st really have to stop being so mean and stubborn.

scratch moderation just sucks

the scratch moderation is very serious because when i say " do you think this is discord to you " the ai will just say " please do not share private information " how is that giving a passcode??

Horrible moderation

Overall, Scratch is fun. It's the stupid moderation messing it all up. One time, they banned my friend for something offsite, for example, interacting with someone on Scratch offsite, and hell they did not post any links? Getting people banned and muted is the number 1 thing they like to do most. For absolutely no reason at all?
4 people found this helpful.

My concerns about scratch.

This is a great coding game but some of the projects might be bad for children. People can chat on there but can still swear mild words. I don't really recommend it for 13- users but it's ok for my age.

4 people found this helpful.

The moderation is atrocious.

The moderation and 'appeal' system is horrible. If you have a normal opinion or critisism on something like LGBT, BLM or anything political in that matter, your account will be blocked and deleted, despite of countless hours of work you have put into your account and your projects. They will ghost your ip address if you try to stand up for yourself. Not to mention their 'ApPeAl' system. They have used covid as the ultimate excuse against doing their job proper. They say they will reply in a few days but they don't. They never do. They only reply when you show anger towards them in your appeal and give you a crappy botted response, and then they will continue to ignore you. Don't post projects on scratch as they have risk of being deleted, or even better, don't get scratch at all, Learn a real programming language.
4 people found this helpful.

Addressing the elephant/s in the room.

Alright, I'm going to address a few issues here. 1. The moderation on the site. I've seen plenty of people complain about the moderation, and I myself have had to deal with the terrible organisation of this whole ordeal. However, you people need to look at the statistics - there are 60 members of the ST (Scratch Team), and 108 Million projects to curate 93 Million users to administrate and more than 100k comments to check *every hour* That's alot of stuff to do. 2. Swearing on the site This will always be a problem due to complicated unicode issues, specifically ST's modbots not being able to pick up on combinations of unicode letters that would resemble a swear word. 3. A suggestion. To anyone looking to become a part of the Scratch site's prolonged community, make sure you don't take part in too many things at once. This site is notorious for its high obsession rate, and the only way to avoid that is to make sure you're not spending *all your time* on it. Please moderate your activity levels on this site. Something else worth noting is that the mention of other social media platforms such as Discord is bannable, so be careful when trying to get out your socials, as this site is meant for all ages (but in reality is far from it.) Also, a browser extension (specifically Scratch Addons) is a great idea, but mention of these is also bannable. I suggest using Scratch Addons as it adds plenty of new features and customisablility to the site. Edit: Another important note is the constant presence of hate in the community. No matter where you go, you will always encounter someone who has some sort of hate towards a group of people, e.g. homophobia, sexism, racism and hate towards other minorities such as furries. As a furry myself, I've seen and experienced the sort of hate towards furries on this site and it's RIDICULOUS. Over that last *hour* I've reported 140ish comments for hating on furries for no apparent reason. Imo, you should stay away from comment sections and stick to the forums. They're generally safer for people in general. Also, the bad word detector and automute system is completely broken, half-works, and is absolutely horrible at its job.

3 people found this helpful.

decent coding for beginners but otherwise a really stinky site

the coding is fine, thats it. dont go anywhere near the community, they are awful, the content is childish, poorly made, and it gets featured because scratch team only supports kids who turn into their goody two shoes saves, dont even try to hit it big on scratch unless you want to turn into the unregulated and "child friendly" equivalent of a corporate shill, no pay, extremely toxic mods and community, vague rules. TLDR: coding good, everything else sucks.
3 people found this helpful.