All parent member reviews for Tikatok

Adult Written bydadsafety August 15, 2009

PARENTS AND TEACHERS BEWARE!!!!

Our daughter, age 12, registered without our knowledge. She very easily put in bogus age information and put her email rather than ours, also very easy to do. After writing several short books, several "friends" commented on them. One in particular began chatting (which is allowed in their "clubs") and claimed to be a 10 year old girl but proceeded to ask a series of leading questions including requesting a cell phone number, her age, if she had a nick name, where she lived, etc. Fortunately my wife monitors her email and saw that they had began exchanging emails. This person turned out not to be a girl at all. We contacted the authorities after printing pages of chat exchanges. BEWARE PARENTS AND TEACHERS!!! This is NOT a safe place for children. In my opinion, any site that allows chats is a haven for preying upon the vulnerabilities of children. Also, beware that the books that are written don't contain any personal information. I was amazed that such an innocent site such as Build A Bear would be a gateway to this type of behavior. Parents, the authorities advised us to not allow children to have an email address and to lock their computers to access only those web sites that you explicitly allow.

Parent of a 10, 14, and 16 year old Written byAvalone August 2, 2009

gone

the website expired in june 2008 :(

Parent of a 9 year old Written bytupac3 October 3, 2009

the lyric show

cool

Parent of a 10 year old Written byDEPDEP November 15, 2010

Defective product. Bad customer service.

This is a defective product. After setting up and using this service for many hours to create a book, we suddenly started to see somebody's else's content being inserted. Even though we had saved our book multiple times, suddenly all our content was replaced by somebody else's content. We were using a non-trivial password, so the only possible explanation is that the product mixed up two accounts. Customer service was non-existant and unable to fix the problem.

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byKidsAndMommy October 10, 2011

FINE

Parent of a 3, 4, 5, and 5 year old Written byShareallicu December 10, 2012

LEARNING

Awesome Fun, though short lived.

An amazing site that is gone now :( I miss the ability to watch my child's imagination come alive!! I hope they reopen soon!

I only knew of TikaTok a few months before it closed and feel it closed way too early!