Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking an accounting/payroll clerk, who will be responsible for a variety of tasks. The position requires strong communication and organization skills, attention to detail, and sensitivity to confidentiality. You must have a proven track record of handling a wide variety of tasks and challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment and must be comfortable working in a deadline-driven, collaborative team environment. A positive, professional, and confident demeanor is necessary, as you will be interacting with different levels of staff, clients, and consultants.
LOCATION: San Francisco
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform bank deposits.
- Sort, code, and match vendor/consultant invoices.
- Set up invoices for payment.
- Enter and upload invoices and back up into accounting system.
- Track expenses and process expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policy.
- Prepare vendor/consultant payments for mailing.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
- Prepare analyses of accounts.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Maintain vendor/consultant files.
- Correspond with vendors/consultants and respond to inquiries.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Maintain filing system.
- Apply payments from clients to A/R subsidiary ledger.
- Collect and input data from time sheets.
- Input payroll changes into payroll system as required.
- Provide support to HR in all aspects of payroll data entry.
- Coordinate and balance all imported and exported data from external sources.
- Administer and complete all government-required forms and documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end payroll reporting.
- Maintain a high level of compliance and adhere to all audit procedures.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- High school diploma; associate's degree a plus.
- 0–2 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with ADP or a similar product a plus.
- Computer skills, including working in Microsoft Office and/or G Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Reliable, good work ethic, high integrity, strong communication skills.
THE X FACTOR:
The accounting/payroll clerk will be interested in learning new technologies related to the shifting business needs of the organization and a solutions-based team player who is interested in the story that numbers can tell.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k).
- An organization that offers work/life balance.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.