Arizona Education Manager
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 600,000 registered educators and 55,000 schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
The Arizona education manager is a frontline ambassador for Common Sense's education programs and is responsible for developing and executing a strategy to increase adoption and use of these programs in Phoenix and throughout the state of Arizona. A primary focus of this work is establishing and managing partnerships with local school districts and community organizations as well as regional educational associations/centers. Efforts include introducing schools and groups to our resources, facilitating professional development/training sessions, and supporting partners in implementing our resources and engaging parent/caregiver communities in understanding the role media and technology play in children's lives. The Arizona education manager also will pilot new education content and resources as well as evaluate the impact of programming.
LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Along with the Arizona director and the local advisory council, identify and create a database of potential education and community partners in Phoenix and greater Arizona. You will report to the San Francisco-based senior director of education outreach.
- Work is based out of the Phoenix office. Travel out of state will be required two to three times a year, as is monthly in-state travel.
- Attend (and present at, where appropriate) local and regional thought leadership events and conferences to network with key education decision-makers and introduce Common Sense resources.
- Build partnerships with leading school districts, school communities, and community groups, including:
- Researching statewide and/or local education standards, priorities, and policies to inform implementation strategies.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings to define program needs.
- Structuring partnership agreements.
- Offering consultative support on how best to implement resources.
- Developing and facilitating tailored in-person trainings and professional development opportunities.
- Evaluating the impact of programming through qualitative and quantitative assessments.
- Identify and oversee school sites to pilot Common Sense products in development, including coordinating assessments, feedback, media production, and other needs as deemed by pilot objectives.
- Support the development team in the creation of grant proposals and progress reports by documenting accomplishments, monitoring progress against plans, and developing mid-course corrections if necessary.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of teaching experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience developing and facilitating in-person trainings and professional development.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with everyone from classroom educators to district administrators across school communities.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication and presentation skills are critical.
- Arizona teaching credential preferred.
THE X FACTOR:
- Knowledge of Common Sense Education's mission, suite of offerings, audience, and teacher-implementation strategies for digital learning.
- Passion about designing meaningful learning experiences that transform educator practice, including skill in developing engaging professional development experiences for educators and school communities.
- You can translate all that excitement into practical advice for educators and what's good for the classroom, as well as pointers for parents who want what's best for their kids.
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.