Bay Area Regional Manager
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 70,000 member schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a Bay Area regional manager to manage school relationships in building partnerships with school districts and school communities through professional training and community engagement. The ideal candidate will be an educator who is passionate about the latest trends and practices for digital learning and professional development for teachers. This position reports to the director of education outreach.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
REPORTS TO: Director of education outreach
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage Bay Area school relationships to build direct partnerships with school districts and school communities through professional training, community engagement, and consultative support.
- Research national/regional/local education standards, priorities, policies; identify and network with key decision-makers at school and district levels; participate in meetings with partners to define program needs; provide input in structuring partnership agreements.
- Identify and oversee school sites to pilot Common Sense products in development; establish assessments, feedback, media production, and other needs as deemed by pilot objectives.
- Manage all pilot/partnership school-implementation aspects to demonstrate impact of Common Sense in the Bay Area, including facilitating participation in professional development, online courses, surveys, and curriculum delivery.
- Develop and facilitate in-person trainings, professional development, speaking engagements, and evaluations tailored to school partnership needs.
- Provide direct connection to schools, teachers, and students as needed by Common Sense teams for local projects, research, media, etc., as they arise.
- Collaborate with foundations department to create grant proposals and budgets based on program outlines; document accomplishments, monitor progress against plans, and develop mid-course corrections if required to meet grant deliverables.
- Participate in weekly meetings to identify programmatic needs/additions for curriculum, interactive tools, professional development, and marketing/outreach needs.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of teaching experience
- Experience developing and facilitating in-person trainings and professional development
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with everyone from classroom educators to district administrators across school communities
- Due to the community and needs this position will support, bilingual Spanish fluency is highly desired.
- California teaching credential preferred.
THE X FACTOR:
- Knowledge of Common Sense Education's mission, suite of offerings, audience, and teacher implementation strategies for digital learning
- Passion about designing meaningful learning experiences that transform educator practice, including skill in developing engaging professional development experiences for educators and school communities
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication and presentation skills are critical.
- You are comfortable and collegial working with a variety of partners including K–12, industry, and academics.
- You can translate all that excitement into practical advice for educators and what's good for the classroom, as well as pointers for parents who want what's best for their kids.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.