Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 600,000 registered educators and 55,000 schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a campaign director skilled at communicating with executives, political principals, press, funders, and the general public. Resourceful and displaying initiative, the ideal candidate is tech savvy and will possess excellent people skills, superior writing skills, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and the ability to multitask seamlessly. This position will support the efforts of a new Common Sense campaign at the intersection of kids, technology, and public health.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Campaign Advocacy, Education, and Communications
- Act as liaison between the campaign and the broader Kids Action team, as well as other Common Sense departments.
- Act as liaison between high-level executives at partner organizations and elected officials and their staffs.
- Refine and execute advocacy, education, and communications strategies in close coordination with partner organizations.
- Provide effective, timely, and professional communication with partner organizations and other stakeholders with an exceptional level of customer service.
- Draft memos and written collateral for campaign efforts.
- Maintain calendar and campaign content.
- Coordinate with other Common Sense departments and partner organizations to keep others apprised.
- Lead logistics for events and press conferences in cooperation with other Common Sense departments, especially external affairs, and partner organizations.
- Carry out other special projects and duties related to campaign operations as needed.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8–10 years of experience in a public health or political campaign or environment involving a high level of support and coordination.
- Graduate degree a plus.
- Project management experience; digital outreach experience a plus.
- Superior knowledge of and experience with Google Apps and MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented.
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
THE X FACTOR:
- You are energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hardworking, and a total team player
- You are organized and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- You are deeply inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You have a passion for kids, grassroots organizing, and/or public health.
- You have a great sense of humor, even when meeting tough deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k).
- An organization that offers work/life balance.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.