Donor Database and Communications Coordinator
Common Sense (/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital-citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 70,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Under the supervision of the senior director of development, the successful candidate will become our donor database expert; develop creative Salesforce solutions to improve prospect identification, gift tracking, and stewardship processes; and be a key team member of our development team.
Based in our San Francisco office, this process-oriented and technically savvy individual has two major roles working with the development department: 1). primary administrator for our Salesforce donor database and Click & Pledge ecommerce tools; 2) key coordinator of donor stewardship/acknowledgement processes and ecommunications projects using Salesforce and ExactTarget. This person is responsible for all data entry (fundraising revenue, contact/account records, tax letters, and so on), creation of weekly and ad hoc campaigns and reports in Salesforce, and the production and distribution of donor ecommunications (newsletters, evites, and announcements). The individual also will serve as the development liaison to the Common Sense finance department to conduct monthly revenue reconciliations and financial audits. He or she also will perform other clerical duties as assigned to support our busy development offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ
- 2+ years' experience managing the Salesforce nonprofit-model database
- Experience with the creation and use of Salesforce campaigns and reports (including data export to Excel) for donor segmentation and event and communications management
- Excellent project-management skills, a high level of organization, and an excellent eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests with speed and accuracy in fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve challenges and leverage creative technical solutions
- That you're a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- That you have a positive, can-do attitude and a customer-service approach to work
THE X FACTOR
You are comfortable working in a hybrid position with technical and administrative responsibilities. You are calm, mature, and organized and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines as well as troubleshoot technical and resource issues. You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense mission. You have a great sense of humor -- even when meeting tough deadlines.
- Salesforce for Nonprofits, ExactTarget, Click & Pledge (or other ecommerce software); Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; and general computer skills
- Prior experience in database management and/or CRM systems and platforms, including database reporting, use of campaigns, and HTML formatting
- Experience with WealthEngine or other wealth-screening tools a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- A competitive salary and a rich suite of health, welfare, and lifestyle benefits
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please note "Donor Data and Communications" in the subject line of your email.
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees.