Common Sense (/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital-citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 70,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
Common Sense is seeking a top-level Executive Assistant skilled at communicating with senior executives, funders, and various other high-profile persons to support our President/Chief Operating Officer. The ideal candidate will possess excellent people skills, superior writing and computer skills, the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, and the ability to multitask seamlessly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work daily with the President/COO to leverage time and productivity
- Communicate with Board members and key partners
- Act as liaison between President/COO and the Senior Management Team
- Screen all internal and external calls and email
- Organize daily, complex and continuously varying calendar and priorities
- Prepare correspondence, memos, PowerPoint presentations, and collateral materials
- Make frequent and sometimes complex travel arrangements
- Set up meetings and conference calls
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned
- Create expense reports for various internal and external expenditures
- Assist other administrative staff in general office coverage and tasks
- Coordinate and facilitate Executive Team off-sites
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role involving high-level support
- Superior knowledge of and experience with MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint) and MS Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes high-stress environment
- A very good sense of humor and personal balance.
- Experience in the non-profit world and a passion for our mission a plus
THE X FACTOR
You enjoy a fast pace and constantly changing priorities. You can rearrange meetings, order lunches, and whip up the perfect Powerpoint, all at the same time. You have a reputation for dotting every last “i”, doggedly chasing down answers, and ensuring that confidential information remains confidential. You can communicate effectively with a variety of personalities while keeping your great sense of humor intact. You are inspired by the Common Sense mission!
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of kids!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please note "Executive Assistant" in the subject line of your email.
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees.