Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a top-notch executive assistant skilled at communicating with senior executives, funders, and various other high-profile people to support our CEO and to join the office of the CEO. Resourceful and astute, the ideal candidate is tech savvy and possesses excellent people and writing skills. This is an exempt-level role and will report directly to our CEO, working closely with his current executive assistant.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Time Management and Logistics
Work directly with the CEO and his chief of staff to leverage his time and productivity.
- Organize CEO's daily, complex, and continuously varying calendar and priorities.
- Make frequent and sometimes complex travel arrangements.
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Anticipate CEO's needs, problem-solve for challenges, and manage emerging issues in a proactive manner.
Communicate effectively with our leadership team members, board members, and other key stakeholders.
- Screen all internal/external calls, email, and written correspondence.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, PowerPoint presentations, and collateral materials.
- Act as liaison between high-level executives and the senior management team.
- Greet all visitors and determine access to appropriate parties.
Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with administrative and support teams (IT, HR, finance, etc.) to make sure all needs of the office of the CEO are handled effectively.
- Anticipate CEO's needs; evaluate new office products; place and often expedite supply orders when necessary.
- Prepare checks for review and signature. Oversee and process all expenses for the office of the CEO.
- Manage and coordinate personal activities including family and personal travel and events, special occasions, personal business, and other tasks that may include direct interaction with family members of the CEO.
- Help maximize the CEO's work time by helping with special projects and tasks.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of experience as an executive assistant or similar role involving high-level support.
- Superior knowledge of and experience with Google Apps and MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to use emerging technologies and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Incredible organizational skills; must be detail-oriented.
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
THE X FACTOR:
- You are well-organized and comfortable carrying out varied responsibilities.
- You have a true sense of ownership and are passionate about results.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by Common Sense's mission.
- You take pride in your work and strive for a high level of output.
- You desire to learn and to grow into this job.
- You have a tough skin and great sense of humor -- even when meeting tight and unpredictable deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k).
- An organization that offers work/life balance.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.