We are seeking bright self-starters with a passion for our mission to fill semester and summer internships. This is your chance to work with talented, dedicated professionals in a fun, collaborative, and mission-driven environment.
We are committed to making internships as fulfilling as possible and tailor them to help you learn and grow as a professional. All our internships require that you be smart, organized and eager to learn. See below for current internship opportunities.
- We offer semester and summer internships (June through end of August).
- Internships run during a semester, summer or for at least two months.
- Interns should be available at least 16 hours per week.
- Remote internships may be possible depending on situation.
- Internships are unpaid.
- We will work with your clinical or internship office for school credit.
Current Internship Opportunities
Policy Intern(D.C.) -FALL/WINTER NEW
We are seeking a Policy Intern for our D.C. office that is interested in learning the ins and outs of advocating on behalf of kids and education, helping to make them a top priority for the Administration, Congress and lawmakers around the country. You will learn to: conduct research related to state and federal policy on early childhood, k-12 education, media, student privacy, technology, and poverty, help craft blog posts and memos, assist with advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill and help the D.C. staff with administrative tasks as needed. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to Susannah Savage (email@example.com).
Development Intern-FALL/WINTER NEW
Common Sense Media has year-round internships available in our Development Dept. We are seeking dynamic and passionate individuals to support our fast pace team in raising funds and awareness that fuel our mission to provide parents, teachers, and kids the tools they need to navigate in a 24/7 media world.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects, including:
- Special Events: Logistics planning, event registration, donor recognition and stewardship, VIP activities, invitation list management
- Communications: Writing and production of e-newsletters, event marketing and promotional materials, video scripting, annual appeal messaging and more
- Education: Helping facilitate teen discussions around kids digital lives across the Bay Area
- Fundraising: Prospect research and biography prep for donor meetings, donor data coordination and analysis, stewardship messaging, proposal writing, donor/foundation Power Point presentations
This is an incredible opportunity for a multi-capable and energetic individual with strong communications skills to learn about nonprofit fundraising from an experienced team of professionals. There will be numerous opportunities to collaborate, learn, and grow. Current students and recent grads encouraged to apply!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your resumé and cover letter as MS Word attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, indicate that you are applying for an internship and which internship you are interested in. (For example, “Intern – Education Content”) Please also include your availability.