Manager, Education Marketing and CRM
Common Sense Media is a national nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
We are seeking an innovative and digitally savvy marketing professional to join the Common Sense Education marketing team. The Manager, Education Marketing and CRM will manage Common Sense Education’s voice in the edtech community. This content-driven individual will be responsible for growing and engaging Common Sense Education’s community of teachers, library media specialists, technology integration specialists, app/game publishers and other edtech industry professionals through social media, online community programs, email newsletters, and other CRM programs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is a hands-on role, requiring significant project management and cross-team collaboration. In addition to creating content yourself, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategy and execution of a variety of content including blog articles, infographics, white papers, online videos, interviews, print collateral, industry event presentations etc. These pieces will be part of both a regular editorial program as well as include special content for specific campaigns. You'll work with other specialists within the marketing and communications teams to leverage this content to drive awareness of Common Sense Education and its suite of products and resources (including Graphite.org), as well as to drive user acquisition, retention, and engagement.
The Manager, Education Marketing and CRM will
- Develop and execute content marketing plans, project plans, delivery strategies, and content (editorial) calendar
- Develop ideas for original thematic content (blog posts, case studies, articles, white papers, videos, infographics, presentations and the like) that can be utilized across a variety of channels;
- Coordinate with internal marketing functions to deliver compelling campaign and editorial content for our channels for each phase of our target audiences’ marketing lifecycles
- Drive on-time execution and delivery of content through your own initiative and through our internal and externally sourced designers, writers and resources
- Work with our research department to coordinate with third parties such as analysts/consultancies to license their content or to collaborate to produce white papers & research reports
- Ensure all content promotion activities are coordinated across channels including social media promotion and email
- Ensure all content meets high-quality standards and provides clear benefits to the reader
- Continually test content formats and distribution channels to determine the optimal approach to reaching various segments of Common Sense Education’s target audiences
- Provide accurate project reporting on all content marketing activities to senior management and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage several aspects of our CRM strategy to enhance user retention and engagement, including, personalized responses and outreach to power users of our content – cultivating brand evangelists and power content contributors
- Respond to inquiries and questions from our user base as needed
- Some jobs will require you to direct a team of people to produce your ideas and visions, while others will require hands-on content development
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 3+ years experience with end-to-end content marketing execution, including conceptualizing, designing, launching and supporting online, interactive and/or multichannel campaigns, including email marketing campaigns
- Exceptional writing and editing skills aligned to innate creativity and experience in bringing new programs and ideas to life.
- Strong project management skills – the ability to own and drive project schedule from start to finish, including managing peers and individuals senior to you
- Excellent analytical and data skills, enjoy digging deeply into data and building Excel models
- Salesforce experience
- Ability to interpret creative direction, and a willingness to learn
- Experience with corporate branding, and a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts
- Strong creativity and passion for creating responsive, original and interesting content
- Fast learner and excellent listening skills
- Outstanding follow-up and time management skills
THE X FACTOR
We are looking for someone whose passion for educational technology is augmented by a passion for editorial, content, social media, and creative forms of marketing. You're an ideas person, an excellent copywriter in a variety of writing styles, with a visual design sense. You've had experience creating all types of content either in an editorial role or a digital marketing role, and you know exactly how to make content go viral. You know your way around HTML and managing web sites. Your skills with data management mean that you are able to report on marketing campaign efficacy and manage the lifecycle of engagement with activated educators using the site(s).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive salary
- A rich suite of health, welfare and lifestyle benefits
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids this generation and the next!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Education Marketing and CRM” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.