Marketing Communications Coordinator
Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 600,000 registered educators and 55,000 schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a marketing and communications coordinator to support the vice president of external relations. Skilled at communicating with various stakeholders, the ideal candidate will show initiative across all functions of the role. They are supremely organized and tech-savvy and possess excellent people skills and a willingness to solve problems and get work done.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage administrative tasks for the VP of External Relations and key stakeholders on the team, including scheduling, travel and expenses, in order to facilitate a smoothly running and efficient department.
- Manage the Monday morning marketing meeting, including scheduling, preparation and agenda setting.
- Manage the organization-wide calendar to make sure it stays relevant and up to date.
- Manage vendor relationships, from contract execution to payment.
- Manage the review and approval processes of all projects in marketing communications.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and demonstrated interest in cultivating a career in marketing, communications, politics or advocacy.
- 1 to 3 years of professional work experience with some experience working in marketing, media, or related field
- Excellent organizational and strong writing skills
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
THE X FACTOR:
- You are energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hard-working, and a total team player.
- You are organized and able to work on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- You are an enthusiastic learner, willing to take on new tasks.
- You are deeply inspired by the Common Sense Media mission.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense Media values the diversity of its employees and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.