Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Netflix, Comcast, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curricula and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a personal assistant skilled at communicating with senior executives, organization leaders, funders, and various other high-profile stakeholders. The ideal candidate is resourceful, proactive, highly engaged, and tech-savvy (with devices and office applications) and possesses excellent interpersonal and writing skills. This is an exempt-level role and will report directly to the chief of staff, who heads the office of the CEO.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with CEO, chief of staff, and CEO executive assistant to help leverage the CEO's time and productivity.
- Work on ad hoc projects and events, which may include activities critical to the role of CEO but related to stakeholders and communities outside of direct Common Sense business, such as speaking engagements, media apparences and/or shows, school lectures, and collaborations with other organizations and entities.
- Manage and coordinate personal activities including family and personal travel and events, special occasions, personal business, and other tasks that may include direct interaction with family members of the CEO.
- Assist the chief of staff and executive assistant in organizing and managing the CEO's complex and continuously varying daily calendar and priorities, especially by ensuring that personal business and external stakeholder needs and commitments are fully integrated with daily calendar.
- Assist with both onsite and remote meeting logistics, conference calls, meal reservations, and lunch orders.
- Anticipate the CEO's productivity needs by evaluating new office products and technology, placing and often expediting supply orders, and coordinating with IT and other administrative support staff to ensure the CEO has his tech and productivity needs met, as well as any other IT troubleshooting.
- Anticipate CEO's needs, problem-solve for challenges, and manage emerging issues in a proactive manner, including travel logistics with occasional driving of the CEO to and from meetings.
- Assist the chief of staff and executive assistant and provide administrative support as necessary, which may include, but is not limited to, filing, greeting guests, drafting memos and correspondence, taking notes, etc.
- Based on availability and workload, may provide administrative support to other teams (IT, HR, finance, etc.) to make sure that all needs of the office of the CEO are handled effectively.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years' experience, or a combination of relevant experience as an assistant or in a similar role involving high-level support
- Superior knowledge of and experience with Google Apps, MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to use emerging technology and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Incredible organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to share a workload with other members of the executive office, pitching in where necessary to achieve overall objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
THE X FACTOR:
- You are well-organized and comfortable carrying out varied responsibilities.
- You have a true sense of ownership and are passionate about results.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You take pride in your work and strive for a high level of output.
- You desire to learn and to grow into this job.
- You have a great sense of humor and tough skin -- even when meeting tough deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.