Common Sense (https://www.commonsensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading independent nonprofit organization devoted to helping kids and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, DirecTV, Netflix, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 70,000 member schools use our ratings and curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, legislators, and a grassroots community of concerned parents and teachers to improve the media, tech, and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
Common Sense is seeking a program associate with exceptionally strong presentation skills to support the chief program officer (CPO) and additional leadership reporting to the CPO. The person in this role will provide administrative support in a collaborative, mission-driven environment and will report directly to the CPO. The ideal candidate is resourceful and has the ability to work both collaboratively and independently while being able to multitask.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
TYPE: Full-time (40 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Chief program officer
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as liaison between CPO and executive leadership and senior management teams.
- Manage expense reports for CPO and several of her direct reports.
- Manage calendar, meeting schedules, travel arrangements, and conference calls for the team to facilitate a smoothly running and efficient department.
- Project-manage, design, and create top-quality slide presentations and memorandums for various internal and external audiences on behalf of the CPO and other members of the team.
- Work with design team to ensure that all presentations are properly branded and meet organizational guidelines.
- Coordinate with IT, office manager, and offsite partners to ensure key meetings are well planned and have adequate AV, tech, and video conference support.
- Oversee digital file management and presentations for major meetings and partnerships.
- Serve as backup for front desk and other administrative staff, as needed.
- Screen calls, draft correspondence, and brief CPO on upcoming meetings, as needed.
- Coordinate with other administrative staff to provide support for various staff activities, board meetings, stakeholder meetings, and other events.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RÉSUMÉ:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- One to two years in an administrative support role; equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered.
- Demonstration of excellent research and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with the Google Suite (Slides, Calendar, Gmail, Docs, etc.)
THE X FACTOR:
- You have great attention to detail and follow-through.
- You are creative and have a keen eye for design and can translate notes and ideas into powerful presentations.
- You are tech savvy and resourceful.
- You have a true sense of ownership and are passionate for results.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense mission.
- You have a great sense of humor -- even when meeting tough deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
- Competitive health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a matching 401(k)
- An organization that offers work/life balance
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer.